Anyone here into drones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother bought himself a Autel X-Star premium about 2 weeks ago and promptly upgraded to the 1.2.8 firmware. He uses my old Galaxy Tab S for the Starlink app control. He's had a fair bit of trouble with losing video sync and some weird range problems. He's still learning and is still a bit leery of taking it out over water but he's got some nice footage. I've flown it a few times myself and it's pretty goofproof. Here's a link to a video he edited of his first day flying and taking video with it, if you're interested.

edit: for some reason the youtube video link I put in didn't work so I'll just post it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbP3AWmXxzQ

Last edited:
I got bit pretty bad by the drone bug. Hand full of them now. I would suggest trying to get onto a forum that is brand specific and get tips from like users. The Autel seems to have gotten a following with better customer service than DJI but that now I am told has gotten much better. 3DR bit the dust and the writing was on the wall last spring when they dismissed most of the support staff. Drone racing is getting major attention and some nice prizes. Two companies are now in testing of personal drones. Would be great for remote ambulance service I would think. North metro police in MN used a drone to find a stuck hunter and they had to airlift out everyone as the area was in the swamp.

Be very careful of drones in NJ a Lawyer i know very well represented someone in a case of an unregistered drone, he almost lost his license and could have gone to jail if convicted... NJ is tough with those things..

My neighbor has a couple of them and before i knew he had them i was up at about 4am looking out my window and i saw this "thing" flying down my street with lights and everything i did not know what it was. It was before the craze...lol

I just found out I know the guy in KY that shot his neighbors drone that he thought was gawking at his daughter sunbathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back