2016 Honda CRV Blended oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering about Honda Blended Motor oil for 2016 CRV. How many miles before changing. dealer says 15%-25% on oil meter on dash board. I have never used Honda Blended oil .

That's Honda's recommendation, roughly. Techically you cant take it 0-5%, and maintain your warranty, but that's pushing it to the limit. The mileage that equates to will depend upon your driving conditions, etc. Of course, you're free to change it early, although the dealers are reluctant to do that. I'm not quite sure what "Honda Blended Oil" is, I assume that's just oil with Honda's name on the container. Its supplied by one of the major oil makers, to Honda's spec. I drive all highway, so my civic says I can go about 12-13k per oil change. I'm not brave enough to do that, so I change it at 50%, don't reset it, and again when it gets to about 10% and reset it.

Run down to Wally World and buy a Fram Ultra, some Mobil 1 0w20 AFE and change it when your OLM tells you to. Your car will outlast your desire to keep it.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Your car will outlast your desire to keep it.

So true.
smile.gif

Guessing Honda Blended oil is the house label Semi Syn 0w20, they have a full Syn version too though it's a bit more $. The current MSDS/SDS sheets for them both indicate they're supplied and blended to Honda specs by ConocoPhillips.

As the Honda oil is what the MM is based on using and designed for there should be 0 issues with running the MM out to under 20% and replacing it before you reach 5% as per the manual.

Nothing wrong with Honda A01 filters IMHO either.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
See my sig block for what I use in my Honda's. I change them at 30%.

Why?

Probably because he likes to play it safe and leave a margin for error, as do I, as new engine technologies are being introduced, whose long term effects on oil and engine longevity may not yet be fully understood. Good, safe, and inexpensive plan in my opinion. And a great choice on the A01 filter. Excellent quality over the probably sufficient but no cheaper 02.

Run down to Wally World and buy a Fram Ultra, some Mobil 1 0w20 AFE and change it when your OLM tells you to. Your car will outlast your desire to keep it.

my car will never outlast my desire to keep it. That's by definition. If my car is still functioning well, I desire to keep it, probably even after it isn't functioning so well.

Originally Posted By: dlayman

my car will never outlast my desire to keep it. That's by definition. If my car is still functioning well, I desire to keep it, probably even after it isn't functioning so well.

My thinking is very similar, though I rarely place absolutes on such things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back