2017 Honda Ridgeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is two parts to this. Deep into the first video he tries to trade up for another.
Why?????? Ain't this enough? Also when he test drove it didn't he see some of these issues.
I bailed from Honda after my last Accord Sport- it is obvious to me QC went south but this guy
was begging for it. Said the rep was po'ed.......... Yeah he saw the video- lol

Honda!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw that video the other day. Or, rather, I should say I saw half the video. He strikes me as one of those folks that are impossible to please. He complained about the chrome strip on the Sport grille (do your research before you install it or, if it's not what you thought when you got it, return it). He complained about the hood seal gap (our '07 ChryCo minivan was the same way, get over it). He's complaining about how hard it is to close the doors and, as evidence, he gently flicks the door closed and cites how you have to close it to close it (it's a new vehicle; rubber seals are stiffer on new vehicles). He complained that the battery terminal cover was popped up when he got it (wow).

I quit watching about halfway through.

I agreed with him on only a few of the things. I'd have taken it back in for the driver side door alignment issue. Everything else, I'd have probably spent 30 minutes on myself in my driveway on a Saturday morning and enjoyed the rest of my day.

I'm not one to leave comments on YouTube videos, but, if I were so inclined to write one, it'd probably resemble any number of the ones he received before he disabled them. If the nits he's picking here are the worst things he's got going on in life, he's doing better than many.

No new car is perfect, especially the first ones of a new model off the line. This sounds more like a dealer issue to to me: any competent dealer'should be able to align a door, clean tint overspray from door panels and fix a door rattle.

I'll bet the hesitation issue is endemic to this model and Honda will come me up with a fix in a few months. With EPA mileage considerations, anything that messes with drivetrain programming takes time. And if the new grille wasn't what the buyer had in mind, why not return it?

I agree these problems are annoying, but hardly exceptional. Every new car I've owned has gone through a settling-in period. You could make a video like this for every manufacturer; the buyer can swear-off Honda if he wishes, but not sure he'll find safe refuge elsewhere.

Agreed. Plus why not go to another dealership for repairs. I guess he already burned those bridges.
Trading up for a higher trim level got me.......

I have not watched the video. But if there is a issue with door alignment, door rattle and over spray it most likely because there was an "incident" with that truck when it rolled off the delivery trailer at the dealer. There is no other explanation.

I've seen this video a few times on TacomaWorld. The door closing issue cracks me up every time. I don't think any car door on earth will close with the effort he uses to demonstrate the "issue".

It is a truck you pansy.
whistle.gif
Eat some protein and learn how to close a door like a man.

"It rattles when I drive it over a rough road" ... "The horror of a panel gap" ... "Oh no, my hood liner is dirty" are not valid complaints for a truck.

Also, do a pre-purchase inspection of a new car too. Drive it 100 miles before you sign the documents If things are not right, dont buy it.

The Ridgeline owner needs to grow a pair.

1) Fine tune the door gaps/latches yourself. Easy.
2) Don't close the rear door so limp wristed.
3) Scratched window tint?! Is that Honda's problem?
4) Water stains from the tint job on your rear window? A 5 minute wipe down with OTC products.
5) A water stained under hood panel? That's a joke, right?
6) What's this rear passenger mirror you want? Eyes on the road please.

I like Hondas. I own one, one of my best vehicles ever. However, it's NOT perfect.

That said, had I wanted I truck I would have bought a "real one" (Ford, Chec/GMC, or Ram). This guy wants a truck that behaves like a sedan. He is impossible to please. And not only that, he's completely helpless.

Scott

I must say, as a previous generation Ridgeline owner, I am surprised that this fellas Ridge is so sub-par in minor issues like this (excepting the hesitation). Mine has been perfect for almost five years now.

He does seem a bit anal-retentive, but I don't blame him. No Honda should have this many annoyances. The dealership is also sounding like a poorly ran one.

I think most Honda vehicles are actually well made and function as promised. This Ridgeline is just a lemon or he simply got one that was assembled improperly and had poor quality assurance checks.

Honda should do what's right and just take this truck back and give the guy a new one....in my opinion.

Many of his issues aren't that big of a deal. I would have taken it back for the door issues and for the rattle.

I would have refused the grille upon delivery if it wasn't what I ordered.

I would have had them clean the doors after tinting it. I also would have had them re-tint the window where it is damaged.

But I wouldn't have bought one in the first place. Saw one the other day, looks like a minivan with a truck bed. Yuck.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

I do think Honda overly wimped out the new Ridgeline.
More car than truck. I think they missed the mark.
That guys white truck looks really cheap too me and the metal looks like tinfoil.
Of course I'm no fan of him but I think Honda should just get out of the PU. market.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I do think Honda overly wimped out the new Ridgeline.
More car than truck. I think they missed the mark.
That guys white truck looks really cheap too me and the metal looks like tinfoil.
Of course I'm no fan of him but I think Honda should just get out of the PU. market.
Yeah I liked the looks of the previous gen Ridgeline. It didn't look like a minivan.

I love my 2007 Ridgeline. I've had virtually no problems in nearly 10 years. Yeah, I have to hold both rear seats in upright positions with straps because the retaining clips or springs went bad. That's the only things that have broken.

But I have seen the 2017 and would not consider buying one. Honda really effed up the front end.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I love my 2007 Ridgeline. I've had virtually no problems in nearly 10 years. Yeah, I have to hold both rear seats in upright positions with straps because the retaining clips or springs went bad. That's the only things that have broken.

But I have seen the 2017 and would not consider buying one. Honda really effed up the front end.

I think they should have built something a bit more rugged looking and capable. I love mine...but they didn't sell all that great. So what does Honda do? They build another one with some minor updates and made it appeal to a person that rarely goes off-road or hauls very much.

I prefer my model to the new one.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
There is two parts to this. Deep into the first video he tries to trade up for another.
Why?????? Ain't this enough? Also when he test drove it didn't he see some of these issues.
I bailed from Honda after my last Accord Sport- it is obvious to me QC went south but this guy
was begging for it. Said the rep was po'ed.......... Yeah he saw the video- lol

Honda!!!!!!!!!!!

That actually reminds me a lot of what happened to me with a 2005 Tacoma. Laundry list of problems and no help fixing them. ( Note - I only watched the 1st few minutes as he was taking forever but I assume there was a lot of issues to make a video ).

I actually like the looks of new Ridgeline better than the old one overall although it sort of looks like a minivan upfront. Still like it better.

That poor guy definitely got a lemon. Ouch.

Brings back Toyota nightmares for me.
45.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back