New Go Pro: Nice video of my favorite road!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice road! I didn't watch all of it, but looked like a nice ride.

I have a 14 mile loop I've been doing 2-3 times a week, not sure how much longer I can, but it's not quite as scenic. It is getting nice though, as the leaves are turning.

What a beauty road. Thanks for sharing.
Question, which GoPro did you end up with and what are your impressions?
I've been debating a replacement for my POS Contour HD but I am not sure I need the higher end ones. They get pretty pricey. I mainly use mine for park/downhill MTB riding.
Thanks for any thoughts.

Very nice! Wish the roads around here were that nice and not as free of vehicles. Looks like you got up some speed as well.

I'm interested in getting a camera as well. Any info and suggestions would be welcomed.
smile.gif

I also recently got the GoPro bug. Ended up with a SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi from B&H so it's a "genuine" camera. Reviews were quite good and the initial videos I've shot are quite good. It doesn't have some of the more advanced functions but as an entry into the world and for $89 you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Thanks Folks:

The roads here in the Central Coast region are amazing - and they're right outside my front door.

FWIW, if anyone is interested in a one day, fast paced, 165 mile ride down Hwy 1 from Monterey to Cambria, let me know. Planned for late winter/early spring 2017. This is a difficult ride. It'll be a bit over 10,000 feet of cumulative climbing by the time we're done. Long segments without stores/supplies. But, if you're a hard core roadie with long distance experience, you'll be good.

My wife got me the Go Pro Hero4 Silver. And consider, my video on YouTube is not shown HD. The clarity of the video from my computer to my HD LED big screen is incredible.

Two rambling comments:

1) Motorists give me far more room when I have that camera on my helmet! I'm a very experienced, endurance cyclist who respects all road laws. I always ride single file, etc. I don't anger motorists. But with that GoPro on my head, they avoid me and give me so much room it's like I'm radioactive!

2) I've been riding regularly for 30 years and my wife has heard all my stories (including two cross country rides). But, after seeing the speeds on the video my wife became a bit worried about me! Haha!

FWIW, this is the bike I rode in the video. The bike is so sexy it's "centerfold" material! :))

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr...ven#Post4096885

Scott

That road is a perfect example of the simple pleasures in life are best. Glad to see you cherish those moments.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
I also recently got the GoPro bug. Ended up with a SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi from B&H so it's a "genuine" camera. Reviews were quite good and the initial videos I've shot are quite good. It doesn't have some of the more advanced functions but as an entry into the world and for $89 you can't go wrong.

I may have to go with that one.. That is so much less money and looks like it does all the basics well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back