What's with this creepy clown phenomenon going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
dawn to dusk light out back. Im not a paranoid person ..

Even if you ARE a parenoid person, a dawn to dusk light seems...um...redundant.....unless in the land of Mordor, where the shadow lies.

I'm lost. Since when was it a crime to be dressed in a creepy costume?

Under what statute would a person dressed as a clown be charged?

Another overreach of the terrorism charges?

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

I'm curious as well.

Wondering that myself as well.

That's why I don't understand any of this happening

Like a hijab?

It's a simple transitivity, and it is a fallacy some times: when something is out of place, everything, including state of mind is out of place. Clowns belong to circus, alligators don't belong to Disney World, etc.

One person claims to have sighted a "scary clown", and now there are masses claiming to see scary clowns. Much like ghosts, bigfoot, chupacabra, alien abductions, astrology, numerology, parapsychology and a host of other such nonsense, it's more proof that there are a tremendous number of weak minded people running around. Rather than look at it with a healthy dose of skepticism, there are a lot of people who accept garbage like that at face value.

Too many people can't separate a Stephen King book or Hollywood movie from reality.

The creepy clown wandering around Green Bay, WI was part of a marketing campaign for an upcoming short indie movie about creepy clowns.
His name was Gags.
Believe that somebody called the cops about him and were told that people are free to wander around at night in soiled clown costumes while carrying black balloons, it's completely legal.

My house is surrounded by woods and sometimes I get an irrational fear about somebody lurking out there and watching me. We heard a bizarre noise one night last spring (probably a fisher) and the wimpy flashlights we had around provided no useful illumination when I went out to see what was up to make the ladies of my household happy, so I went and bought some huge 1,000,000,000 lumen type of monstrosity at Lowe's. My daughter came home late not long after that and rushed into the basement yelling that somebody was crashing around in the woods and she thought she heard them talking...I rushed out with my megaflashlight and a big Bowie knife. The moment I turned the flashlight on, I saw evil-looking bright green eyes staring right back at me...I think my heart skipped about 7 beats.

Yep, it was a deer.

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Originally Posted By: OldEuroCarLover
A kid was stabbed to death in Reading, PA on Monday. It seems to be related to all this clown [censored].

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/26/pol...ly-stabbed.html

That is so messed up.

The worst thing is that I live by the woods (right in my backyard) so sometimes I get freaked out that there might be people back there. Guess I gotta lock my jeep when I'm driving now too.
Gun?

slenderman, mothman, tulpa (???)

the media exists to create entertainment (check Fox...not the news part, the part that went to court), and by gaining attention (viewers), they gain ratings and become more credible.

tulpa is supposed to be a thought form brought to life by consciousness and concentration
slenderman was a meme "brought to life" by (effectively) tweets, virtually the inverse.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Originally Posted By: OldEuroCarLover
A kid was stabbed to death in Reading, PA on Monday. It seems to be related to all this clown [censored].

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/26/pol...ly-stabbed.html

That is so messed up.

The worst thing is that I live by the woods (right in my backyard) so sometimes I get freaked out that there might be people back there. Guess I gotta lock my jeep when I'm driving now too.

Get your weapons ready or get a big protective dog, motion lights or dawn to dusk light out back. Im not a paranoid person but PENN IS not the place to be right now..

You sure about that?

I'm sure most of them are just bored guys looking to stir people up. Gives them some attention and makes them feel important for a bit... There's nothing illegal about being creepy although I'm sure repeat offenders would get charged with something like "disturbing the peace" even though they aren't. I'm sure a creepy clown suit wouldn't go well in the drunk tank anyways...

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I'm sure most of them are just bored guys looking to stir people up. Gives them some attention and makes them feel important for a bit... There's nothing illegal about being creepy although I'm sure repeat offenders would get charged with something like "disturbing the peace" even though they aren't. I'm sure a creepy clown suit wouldn't go well in the drunk tank anyways...

There have been several sightings in nearby South Carolina. Bad idea around here, this is gun country. Somebody is gonna get shot.

Originally Posted By: lucas01230
I'm going into the criminal justice career.

08388416-photo-clubic-mars-batman-09.jpg

Watch out. Next it may be Penguins.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BigD1
It's just copy cats. Kind of like The Streak song by Ray Stevens back in the 70's that had people streaking all over the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzoUu7w-YM
Streaking was fun if it were women streaking. Mens bodies are fairly disgusting to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back