FOIA CIA doc on the U2, A12, and (RS) 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
I understand your view there Ducked. The ROC could be seen as a "construct". I know the whole strange history of the civil war, the warlords, the Chaings, the KMT, the 228 incident and much other dirty laundry relative to Taiwan. But it doesn't take away from the courage of the people who flew those U2's knowing what horrible fate awaited them if they went down in the PRC. That took guts. But, like I said, I understand your point.

There was a presentation given at the Museum of Flight in Seattle (What a place!) last month under the title, "Cold War Reconnaisance Squadrons". It covers much of the history we touched on earlier regarding the ROC/USAF Black Cat and Black Bat missions over the PRC. It was actually posted to Youtube today under that same title. It is an informative backgrounder on what was a very dangerous episode of the Cold War. Some really funny anecdotes in there as well like a forced landing at a small airport in Colorado in training where the locals thought they had been invaded by the Chinese. A little slow given the Chinese presenter but may be interesting to some. Cheers.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RBn8-k-YKMU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back