What's with this creepy clown phenomenon going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I've been hearing about people dressing up like clowns, trying to lure children in woods, being seen around towns trying to break into peoples houses etc etc....

clown sightings in the states

Just today I receive an email from my college:

Quote:
Last night, the Shippensburg Borough Police Department responded to several reports of an individual dressed as a clown standing on the street. They were unable to locate anyone. There was also a report of an individual wearing a mask and carrying some sort of stick who approached two students and then chased them as they drove away. The PA State Police responded to this incident. They did not locate the individual.

The “Creepy Clown” phenomenon has spread throughout the country since this past summer. In multiple states, people have been reporting seeing clowns standing on the side of roads at night, in parking lots, outside schools and near the woods. It is important to report these sightings so officers may respond and take appropriate action. With Halloween approaching, it is expected that sightings will increase.

Students are reminded to use caution and be alert for dangerous or threatening situations. Please be aware of your surroundings and take appropriate precautions at all times.

Individuals who encounter a threatening situation off-campus are advised to call 911.

If an incident is occurring on campus, please call University Police at 477-1444 or 911. As part of your overall safety, University Police suggest the following tips:

• Walk in pairs or groups, walk in well-lit areas and avoid shortcuts.

• Be aware of your surroundings while walking and avoid listening to music or talking on a cell phone. Keep a firm grip on your purse or bag straps.

• Know where the emergency phones are located on campus.

• Program your cell phone with emergency numbers for easy access.

• If you see something that looks suspicious, alert the police.

• Safety is a cooperative effort between the police and all members of the campus community. Call the police immediately if you are approached or if you see something suspicious.

I've also heard of high schools around the country going on lock down because of sightings etc etc....

This is weird lol. I guess I gotta watch out for this stuff now

Did you see the two on Monday night tv? That one in the red pant suit could take out a dozen smart devices and the other could start a recall on tanning suppliers

Originally Posted By: bioburner
Did you see the two on Monday night tv? That one in the red pant suit could take out a dozen smart devices and the other could start a recall on tanning suppliers

This is funny but don't get my thread locked!

Appreciate the comic relief though

pennywise-up-everything-we-know-about-stephen-king-s-it-remake-i-will-never-be-able-to-1002615.jpg

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Originally Posted By: bioburner

This is funny but don't get my thread locked!

Appreciate the comic relief though

The list of sighting states are strangely relevant.

Originally Posted By: OldEuroCarLover
A kid was stabbed to death in Reading, PA on Monday. It seems to be related to all this clown [censored].

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/26/pol...ly-stabbed.html

That is so messed up.

The worst thing is that I live by the woods (right in my backyard) so sometimes I get freaked out that there might be people back there. Guess I gotta lock my jeep when I'm driving now too.

There was a sighting of a Clown in the window of a very large white mansion up north somewhere,,,could not imagine where that was though...maybe some of you do....lol, probably Canada.

Wisconsin had the attempeted murder of a girl by two girls because of a fictional figure "thin man":( Still going thru courts as they were kids.

Wasn't until my daughter did my makeup for last Halloween that I realised how many people don't like clowns.

IMG_20151031_214815.jpg

Hope it doesn't spread here. I'm liable to get stopped at roadblocks on suspicion of driving a clown car.

Yeah, I'll be 10-6 at Potsdale Road. There's some clown by the Slow Children Crossing sign I have to check out.

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Originally Posted By: OldEuroCarLover
A kid was stabbed to death in Reading, PA on Monday. It seems to be related to all this clown [censored].

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/26/pol...ly-stabbed.html

That is so messed up.

The worst thing is that I live by the woods (right in my backyard) so sometimes I get freaked out that there might be people back there. Guess I gotta lock my jeep when I'm driving now too.

Get your weapons ready or get a big protective dog, motion lights or dawn to dusk light out back. Im not a paranoid person but PENN IS not the place to be right now..

I think its a big internet hoax. All of these 'clown sightings' but no one has a picture? Just stories like 'i saw one in my backyard in Tennessee.'

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Wasn't until my daughter did my makeup for last Halloween that I realised how many people don't like clowns.

Captain Spaulding is a scary dude.

Yep, only had one girl scream out "Hey, It's Captain Spalding", and race across the road towards me...most traffic was the other way.

I'm going into the criminal justice career. That being said, with my mindset, this seems to be some bill [censored] calls people are making to police/911. I haven't looked into it nor will I but this really sounds like a load of [censored] that kids or weird older people are trying to create. The fact the school is sending out an email is a great precaution. However. Do kids really need to be reminded of oddity of a creepy clown standing around at a strange time and place. That's common sense stuff but colleges and universities seem to try to remove common sense from students (I'm going to school right now). As I was saying....it's a good precaution but it's just adding to this 'phenomena'.
Not to mention this thread adding to the scare. Fellow men, do not be afraid of clowns. Look at the real problems going on in our States today.
I call for the thread to be closed to not further this mumbo jumbo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back