Inconsiderate people....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bvance554
Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
If I`m going into a store and pass by carts I`ll take it in with me , sometimes even 2 or 3 . It`s no big deal you`re walking right by them don`t be a lazy a$$.

You ever go to Aldi? I'm amazed how the simple idea of a quarter will get everyone to push their carts back to their place.

Why yes I do on occasion. And there I usually just pass the cart on to someone going in weather they have quarter for me or not.

Little town - two places for groceries. The worse has a huge lot - I park way off.
Go to the good one and like always ride around until you find a spot. So when done, come out to watch a very old man ding me as he struggled to get out of car. No idea why he did not park handicap - but he apologized over and over. First ding on that side, so I caught myself getting PO'd - and I just managed to smile/nod and left.

If I`m going into a store and pass by carts I`ll take it in with me , sometimes even 2 or 3 . It`s no big deal you`re walking right by them don`t be a lazy a$$.

You ever go to Aldi? I'm amazed how the simple idea of a quarter will get everyone to push their carts back to their place.

Why yes I do on occasion. And there I usually just pass the cart on to someone going in weather they have quarter for me or not.

Everyone does that so don't pat yourself on the back too hard.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: grampi
Someone was stupid enough to park that close to me one time with a fairly new Honda. My car at the time was an old beater 1970 Nova, and I had no problem kicking my door open into the side of his Honda, denting the sh** out of it! I bet he never parked that close to anyone again!

I hope you are kidding

I'm not

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Little town - two places for groceries. The worse has a huge lot - I park way off.
Go to the good one and like always ride around until you find a spot. So when done, come out to watch a very old man ding me as he struggled to get out of car. No idea why he did not park handicap - but he apologized over and over. First ding on that side, so I caught myself getting PO'd - and I just managed to smile/nod and left.

That's a lot different than the people who just don't give a [censored]...I wouldn't have gotten mad at this old guy at all (you did the right thing)...

i don't normally complain about people's parking because I don't walk through a parking lot and judge other people then feel the need to post about it on an internet forum, but... I'll confess to bashing the &@!$ out of someones car that once parked so close to me that I had to enter through the drivers side. I was driving a beater. And I was having a bad day. There were plenty of other spots in the lot, it was late at night. I beat that car with all the force I could muster in the 3 inches they gave me the entire length of the car.

When I lived in Dallas, my apt complex had assigned parking spots under an overhang...I was unlucky enough to have a spot with a support pole that was a few inches over the line on my driver's side, giving me a narrow space in which to park. It was sort of a PITA, but I have a Nova that I didn't care about at the time and it was OK with me if I ended up bumping my door on it getting in/out.
At some point, I noticed that an unfamiliar car was usually parked in the spot to my right when I got home from work, and was then gone with another car often in its place if I went out later. They were never around in the morning, so my best guess was somebody was using the spot while visiting a friend or relative during the day and then taking off before another person in the same apartment got home from work. Anyway, this car always seemed to have been parked in a hurry and would be very close to being in my spot, making it a big pain for me to park.
This went on for weeks and the car kept getting closer and closer to my spot...finally, I get home and it's far enough into my space that I had a really hard time pulling in. I took a few minutes and slowly pulled back and forth, edging closer and closer to the transgressing vehicle...I'd even get out to check to spacing and then get back in and make it a little tighter. Finally, I was about an inch away from this car from tip to tail...still completely in my spot, mind you.

Never saw that car again.

Last edited:

Everyone does that so don't pat yourself on the back too hard.

Not patting my back , just showing common sense. It seems to be lacking in a lot of people.

Someone was stupid enough to park that close to me one time with a fairly new Honda. My car at the time was an old beater 1970 Nova, and I had no problem kicking my door open into the side of his Honda, denting the sh** out of it! I bet he never parked that close to anyone again!

I hope you are kidding

I'm not

Then I can't call you what I would like.

Last edited:
Something I REALLY hate seeing,going into a clothing store and seeing wadded up clothes that slobs (customers) obviously looked at,decided they didn't want it,and just chunked it down somewhere. SO lazy!! I always either fold it back up,or hang it back up exactly the way it's supposed to be displayed,sometimes refolding the entire stack (I used to work in a clothing store). Makes me wonder what these peoples' houses must look like! One time I was at a store and I'd pulled a shirt from the very bottom of a stack to look at,decided I didn't want it,so I refolded the whole stack and made it presentable,the way it was supposed to be. Suddenly this chick working there ran over,hugged me,and said,"Thank you so very much!!". Yep,nothing wrong with picking up after yourself.

Back to the shopping carts. I've actually seen lazy bums (again,customers) roll their cart over to the nearest parked car and rest the cart against the car,get into their car,and drive off. Good God!

One thing about dinging someone's car... I think most of us if we are honest, would have to admit we accidentally dinged someone else's car at some time in years past. Sometimes the wind catches the door, or the driver is very tired, or a passenger in the car was careless.

I have, and I feel bad. I am extremely careful to make sure I do not do it again. But life happens. With all this in mind, we should have a little mercy to others who have dinged our car.
smile.gif

I hope you are kidding

I'm not

Then I can't call you what I would like.

Well, you may be the type of person who does nothing when you're wronged, but I am not...

Originally Posted By: javacontour
There are always those who will take matters into their own hands....

Haha or imagine handcuffing it to the car with some cheap metal handcuffs where they wouldn't be able to get it off without some bolt cutters!

Originally Posted By: DeafBrad
One thing about dinging someone's car... I think most of us if we are honest, would have to admit we accidentally dinged someone else's car at some time in years past. Sometimes the wind catches the door, or the driver is very tired, or a passenger in the car was careless.

I have, and I feel bad. I am extremely careful to make sure I do not do it again. But life happens. With all this in mind, we should have a little mercy to others who have dinged our car.
smile.gif

Where I worked last I held a supervisor's position and accidentally dinged a door of a co-worker. Their car was a beater with faded paint and plenty of dents and dings. I thought by telling them I was taking the high road and they'd appreciate my honesty. What I didn't expect was that they'd act indignant and report it to their insurance company as a claim. He ended up getting several hundred dollars to "fix" that door on his POS $500 car, that likely wouldn't last another year. I held that guy in very low esteem the rest of the time I was there. And he eventually got axed for poor performance and poor citizenship.

Another time I hit a car with my golf ball after teeing off on the par 4, 7th hole (?) of the US Navy SUBASE golf course NLON, CT. Yeah, there's a road right in the middle of the course. It bounced off the road once or twice and then hit the guy's hood. It left a tiny dent on their [censored] beater with a no gloss paint job...lol. They too filed a claim with their insurance company getting $400 for that dent. Thing is, you couldn't tell my dent from a dozen or two other ones on that hood. People! And I had about an 9-10 handicap at that time having played that course dozens of times.

My local Save-a-Lot tried that a couple of years ago. For some reason it didn't work, and they ditched that and went back to the carts that freeze up when you pass some invisible line in the lot.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
. . . One time I was at a store and I'd pulled a shirt from the very bottom of a stack to look at,decided I didn't want it,so I refolded the whole stack and made it presentable,the way it was supposed to be. Suddenly this chick working there ran over,hugged me,and said,"Thank you so very much!!". . . .

Did you get her number?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Something I REALLY hate seeing,going into a clothing store and seeing wadded up clothes that slobs (customers) obviously looked at,decided they didn't want it,and just chunked it down somewhere. SO lazy!! I always either fold it back up,or hang it back up exactly the way it's supposed to be displayed,sometimes refolding the entire stack (I used to work in a clothing store). Makes me wonder what these peoples' houses must look like! One time I was at a store and I'd pulled a shirt from the very bottom of a stack to look at,decided I didn't want it,so I refolded the whole stack and made it presentable,the way it was supposed to be. Suddenly this chick working there ran over,hugged me,and said,"Thank you so very much!!". Yep,nothing wrong with picking up after yourself.

Back to the shopping carts. I've actually seen lazy bums (again,customers) roll their cart over to the nearest parked car and rest the cart against the car,get into their car,and drive off. Good God!

Does that chick realize she'd be unemployed if everyone did that?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 69GTX

Where I worked last I held a supervisor's position and accidentally dinged a door of a co-worker. Their car was a beater with faded paint and plenty of dents and dings. I thought by telling them I was taking the high road and they'd appreciate my honesty. What I didn't expect was that they'd act indignant and report it to their insurance company as a claim. He ended up getting several hundred dollars to "fix" that door on his POS $500 car, that likely wouldn't last another year. I held that guy in very low esteem the rest of the time I was there. And he eventually got axed for poor performance and poor citizenship.

Another time I hit a car with my golf ball after teeing off on the par 4, 7th hole (?) of the US Navy SUBASE golf course NLON, CT. Yeah, there's a road right in the middle of the course. It bounced off the road once or twice and then hit the guy's hood. It left a tiny dent on their [censored] beater with a no gloss paint job...lol. They too filed a claim with their insurance company getting $400 for that dent. Thing is, you couldn't tell my dent from a dozen or two other ones on that hood. People! And I had about an 9-10 handicap at that time having played that course dozens of times.

One day when I worked in Detroit one of our draftsmen came storming into the office with our boss hot on his heels and they were both steaming mad...the draftsman had a big family and had just bought a new Suburban to replace an ancient Microbus. He parked way off in the parking lot where nobody else ever parked, but our boss came in right after him and parked really close to the Suburban and then gave it a big ding while getting out. The new car owner was screaming about the boss parking next to and dinging him for no reason and the boss yelled back that a draftsman wouldn't be able to afford such a nice SUV without a supervisor who gave him nice bonuses. Mr. Suburban ended up being in trouble for weeks because the boss dinged his car.

Yeah, that was definitely the worst boss I ever had. He bought a white Town Car and had a searchlight installed so people would think he was a cop, loved to cruise down the highway and watch people hit their brakes and pull out of his way. A secretary who knew him from a previous position joined our office and hissed, "I HATE THAT MAN!! I can't believe they have people WORKING for him!!" after he walked by while we were talking...I whispered, "I work for him!!"
She looked at me with tears practically welling in her eyes, put her hand on my shoulder, and said, "Oh, I am SO sorry for you!!"

I hope you are kidding

I'm not

Then you are a poster child for why Singapore is too soft on vandals. You should be locked up and penniless for that stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back