Yokohama Iceguard IG52C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't measure the set I got, but they are reportedly 2 years old with 8k on them. Looked like full tread to me. Will find out, eventually.

Originally Posted By: supton
Necroposting, I know.

How did these IG52's work out? I just picked up a set off CL. I wasn't planning on running snows on my Camry, but wasn't against it, and came across a deal that got me the full spare(s) that I wanted.

I have had a set on my AWD CX-5 since I bought it in 2013.
They have been fantastic tires on the CX-5, and don't have very much wear on them as of yet.
Most of the driving is in dry conditions, and when the snow shows up, they give great traction and feedback as they claw away for grip.

Ultimately, in the winter, here in Colorado, I want every last ounce of traction in slippery conditions as I know there are countless other vehicles on the road sporting bald tires, or summer tires on their cars, and there's a large enough group of those people who make questionable choices while driving on bad tires for slippery conditions.

BC.

I have the yokohama IG51V's for my Taurus (and Avid Ascend for summer). I know the thread title is for the IG52C, but for the record the 51V has been stellar for the last two winters. The two tires look similar but the 51V is for trucks, suv's and big fat cars like mine.

They work great in wet, slimy snow and slush, as well as on hard packed (almost ice) snow. They're wonderful for cornering, too. While I haven't driven on roads covered with pure ice, I have played around on my steep driveway when iced over and I think they're amazing.

If the roads happen to be dry, they're not too noisy for a winter tire. They feel good in all aspects of normal driving, but I don't drive in a spirited manner to test the tires, either. After two winters and about 12k miles, they've used 1/32" of the tread. They will probably harden and become average tires long before I wear them out. I should add that the majority of my miles are on back roads covered with snow during the winter. They get plowed and sanded, rather than salted and cleared off. That eliminates some tread wear for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back