Purolator filtration 99% vs 96.5%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so besides a few bucks more, what is the benefit of getting a Purolator ONE filter over the standard Purolator oil filter?

What does 99% filtration do on the first pass that a 96.5% won't do on the second pass?

My OCI is every 5k and just wondering if besides a cool looking filter I'll never see once put on, will my engine benefit from the premium filter? And if so, how?

The air filter is the filter to be concerned about if there is any concern about filters FYI.

With all the hype and bull the question of what is adequate oil
filter performance has never been answered to my satisfaction. I put 150K on a VW bug way back when which had NO filter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AnarchyX
Okay, so besides a few bucks more, what is the benefit of getting a Purolator ONE filter over the standard Purolator oil filter?

What does 99% filtration do on the first pass that a 96.5% won't do on the second pass?

My OCI is every 5k and just wondering if besides a cool looking filter I'll never see once put on, will my engine benefit from the premium filter? And if so, how?

At a 5K interval any old filter will do. CQ Red, Supertech, etc.

As stated by CT8, if your engine is broken in, and has a good air filter, then the oil filter does very little.

If you wan to go to longer OCI then you want to look into synthetic media and silicone ADBVs just for longevity of construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back