Competitive friends drive trucks to 500k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being in a relatively snow-free locale helps a lot. Hope the Ranger driver can see well enough with those hazed headlights to avoid wildlife, etc.

Both vehicles are considered long lasting. I wish they both owned Chrysler sebrings. That is where it really is a competition
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Both vehicles are considered long lasting. I wish they both owned Chrysler sebrings. That is where it really is a competition
smile.gif

I have no doubt that a Chrysler Sebring would make it 500K miles.

But after the 5th sludged engine and 10th failed transmission ... replacing major parts would probably get old

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
smile.gif

How about a Yugo vs. an Olds Delta 88 diesel??
;^)

javacontour said:
An original Chevy Vega with 500k KM would be impressive, let alone 500K miles. [/quote

50k miles would be a lot for a Vega.

As trivia the Vega was designed for a Wankle engine, but that did not pan out so a 4 cylinder engine was stuffed in there.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Someone should tell the reporter the Ford has a German engine and a Japanese (Mazda) transmission...

How do you know it has a German engine? IF it has the 4.0 V6, then yes it has a German engine. If it has the 3.0 V6 or the 2.3 4 cylinder, it's not a German engine. They never mentioned which engine the truck has.

Cool story. The Ranger is very similar to my 1994, but the paint on the one in the story looks a lot better. It would be interesting to know which engine it has, though all of them were excellent for reliability in 1993.

I traded in my Vega years ago just shy of 100,000 miles.

Jayco the RV mfg. has trucks that push 1,000,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back