Moderators: Why Was My Thread Shut Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: john_pifer

Actually it's the millenials who are lame for wanting safe spaces to keep from hearing something that might offend their delicate little sensibilities.

I swear it's the sissification (I'll use the polite term) of America.

And we've got some men who act like old ladies on this board.

I'm starting to understand why a place free of ignorant statements would come off as a threat to you.

Much like Snoppy's reaction to "No Dogs Allowed".

Free of ignorant statements? Don't make me laugh!

Do yourself a favor and lighten up. Try not to be so serious. It'll do ya good.

So is there a list of mods? That's the reason I posted this thread - no one sent me a PM even alerting me to the fact that the thread was locked, didn't post up on the thread saying it was locked - nothing.

Go to the "User List" > click on "Status" to sort by status...

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
You called someone an "old fuddy-duddy" and yet you make a lame jab at millennials on this thread? Pot calling the kettle black?

I'm no millennial, bud.

Proud Gen-X'er here.

Clearly what I said wasnt implying you were a millenial. It was implying that you are an "old fuddy-duddy" for making lame jabs at milennials.

LOL...

Actually it's the millenials who are lame for wanting safe spaces to keep from hearing something that might offend their delicate little sensibilities.

I swear it's the sissification (I'll use the polite term) of America.

Can you not see how embarrassing you are right now? Going off on side rants about millennials when they have nothing to do with your thread being banned.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
I fully expect this thread to be deleted. cheers.

I think so.

Yep, most certainly. Go off whining and complaining in a new thread that a previous one didn't go like they so deeply felt that it should.

So is there a list of mods? That's the reason I posted this thread - no one sent me a PM even alerting me to the fact that the thread was locked, didn't post up on the thread saying it was locked - nothing.
As DuckRyder said.

Here is a clickable link

LINK

I was not so surprised to see it locked as there were strong opposing opinions that were getting stronger.

In that thread I said I'd ask my sperm donating surgeon neighbor his opinion of any progeny seeking him out, But I have reconsidered this and will not outright ask him, as it is too personal, and a source of friction between him and his wife.

His wife does not want any half brothers and sisters floating around out there, She wants to be the sole mother of his Genes, and was very vocal about this when I was present for the conversation, which easily could have turned ugly had it not been steered elsewhere by someone more socially adept than myself.

There was Universal relief when the subject was dropped as the tension was palpable.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
As DuckRyder said.

Here is a clickable link

LINK

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Silly question:

Would IVF person be able to collect inheritance from sperm donor ?

Just FYI, I wasn't conceived via IVF. I came about through plain old AI (artificial insemination), using fresh sperm.

With IVF, eggs are collected from the woman, and fertilized in the lab.

As to your question, it's not a silly question at all. It's quite valid. The answer is maybe. As we've seen many times, courts can and do make rulings that are unexpected, and which would seem to defy common sense (e.g. a burglar suing a homeowner who shot him in self defense and winning the lawsuit. Or, a woman suing McDonald's for the coffee being too hot when she clumsily spilled it and burned herself).

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Silly question:

Would IVF person be able to collect inheritance from sperm donor ?

Just FYI, I wasn't conceived via IVF. I came about through plain old AI (artificial insemination), using fresh sperm.

With IVF, eggs are collected from the woman, and fertilized in the lab.

As to your question, it's not a silly question at all. It's quite valid. The answer is maybe. As we've seen many times, courts can and do make rulings that are unexpected, and which would seem to defy common sense (e.g. a burglar suing a homeowner who shot him in self defense and winning the lawsuit. Or, a woman suing McDonald's for the coffee being too hot when she clumsily spilled it and burned herself).
Just so you know, that's McDonalds lawsuit was absolutely justified. 1. The coffee really was ridiculously hot and 2.They didn't put the lid on with care

I took a Business Legal college course last semester and we discussed this course. She only wanted her medical expenses paid for all of her skin grafts that had to be done. McDonald's didn't want to pay it so her lawyer went further.

Go on Google Images and type in "mcdonalds coffee burn victim"

John,

I felt that the thread had run its course. The risk of a good thread going bad was looming, so I felt it was better to shut it down, else it might have had to disappear.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back