Montreal Indy Honda Mechanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am getting older, I live in a Condo, and do all my own maintenance in the street.

Coolant, ATF, Oil, spark plugs, brakes, tire changes (we have a Winter tire law, so this is 2x a year).

I have a bit of a problem. I studied mechanics and have a diploma in it, but I want to keep my Fit until it falls apart and I just don't have any great area to work on my ride anymore.

I would like to know anyone in the Montreal area who knows a GREAT independent mechanic that likes to work on Honda & Toyota as I want to start building a relationship.

I looked online, but it isn't much help.

The only lead I have so far is KNS Autosport in St-Laurent, I used to go there for Red Line products and they seem really legit, with a nice website.

Also a great electronics installer that does great work would be nice to know.

I am getting older, and I love my car, but working in the street is a pain. There are times when I just want to hand over fair cash to get great work done.

Anyone experience eating a donut and drinking coffee and your car comes back with awesome work done?? I hate being a hawk watching over someone elses shoulder, and like anyone, I hate getting taken for a ride.

Oh, and if there are any locals with a nice garage, where we can beat around on vehicles, I have some tools and am fairly skilled, maybe we can work on stuff together, have a few beers, maybe do some sideline stuff for fun together.

Thanks for any input guys!

Last edited:
This is not to sound like sarcasm. Please don't take it as such.
smile.gif

: "I have a bit of a problem. I studied mechanics and have a diploma in it, but I want to keep my Fit until it falls apart and I just don't have any great area to work on my ride anymore".

This ^^^ already tells me that I don't have an answer for you.

This ^^^ tells me that you need the next line.
: "Oh, and if there are any locals with a nice garage, where we can beat around on vehicles, I have some tools and am fairly skilled, maybe we can work on stuff together, have a few beers, maybe do some sideline stuff for fun together".

This ^^^ is what you need!
wink.gif

I am retired and the only way that I can keep my vehicles "until it falls apart" is to do the work myself. Now that I am old(er), I have decided to keep myself into new(er) vehicle about every 10 years instead of 16-18 year. I can't do everything anymore!

Best of luck,

CB

Last edited:
Well, Falken, next month I'm going to Montréal to live few months there.

Obviously I won't have a garage or anything like that (yet?), or even a car (yet), but since (I think) I'm younger than you, I'd love to have beers and help you do stuff or maintainance you can't do anymore. I always liked doing mechanic with buddy on weekends, for fun or planned maintainance, as I did when I was younger with my grandfather
smile.gif

Feel free to drop me a mp if you want to share a drink someday, or an extra pair of hands!

Cheers

Yo, Char Baby, get over yourself. The OP was painting a "word picture".

The words he used conveyed the pain and seriousness of his plight.
The forcefulness of his words has me willing to go up to Montreal to help him.

As an old lady said to me in Brooklyn after I sharpened her word choices for her, "We're not in court yet dearie".

I say the same to you in the spirt of love, compassion and joy. Kira

Very kind gesture. Good luck to you both!

Originally Posted By: Popsy
Well, Falken, next month I'm going to Montréal to live few months there.

Obviously I won't have a garage or anything like that (yet?), or even a car (yet), but since (I think) I'm younger than you, I'd love to have beers and help you do stuff or maintainance you can't do anymore. I always liked doing mechanic with buddy on weekends, for fun or planned maintainance, as I did when I was younger with my grandfather
smile.gif

Feel free to drop me a mp if you want to share a drink someday, or an extra pair of hands!

Cheers

Hey Falken, I know a good indy that I use but its on the south shore in ville lemoyne (pretty much just over the jacques cartier bridge). Not a fancy shop but they do good work for good prices. Let me know if that would be an option..as i know its a bit of a distance for you.

I recently moved from an apartment to a house (unfortunately no garage..) but a big driveway that is great for doing work on cars. It was a huge price difference $ to get into a house but honestly best decision i ever made. I know some places in town that rent out time in garages which could be another option for you.

Was busy helping the folks lately, thanks for all the replies!

Thanks Rolla! We will keep in touch as repairs come up, I live in Dorion very close to Montreal, and will continue to look for a garage, and maybe we can work on stuff together, thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back