CRV oil transmission recommandation

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,

Honda recommand ATF DW1-1 as transmission oïl in my 2011 CRV.
Do you see any inconveniant by using Amsoil ATF oïl ? can it be mix ?

thanks

Use only Honda ATF DW-1 (automatic
transmission f luid). Do not mix with
other transmission f luids.
Using transmission f luid other than
Honda ATF DW-1 may cause
deterioration in transmission operation
and durability, and could result in
damage to the transmission.
Damage resulting from the use of
transmission f luid other than Honda
ATF DW-1 is not covered by the Honda
new vehicle warranty.

28.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
"I've never heard 'Taco Bell' and 'tasty' mentioned in the same sentence before."
---mclasser, 7/25/16

Wow, I'm in someone's signature. I feel so special!
thankyou2.gif

Originally Posted By: Yannick
HI,

Honda recommand ATF DW1-1 as transmission oïl in my 2011 CRV.
Do you see any inconveniant by using Amsoil ATF oïl ? can it be mix ?

thanks

Use only Honda ATF DW-1 (automatic
transmission f luid). Do not mix with
other transmission f luids.
Using transmission f luid other than
Honda ATF DW-1 may cause
deterioration in transmission operation
and durability, and could result in
damage to the transmission.
Damage resulting from the use of
transmission f luid other than Honda
ATF DW-1 is not covered by the Honda
new vehicle warranty.

I have been recently "flushing" a new to me CRV with the same dilemma. I have been using the DW-1 for now as you can get it for below dealer parts counter cost by ordering from hondaautomotiveparts.com and now have about 14 quarts (3.5 quarts per change, not 2.7 like the manual states for some reason) through it doing short drain/fill/drive intervals. The fluid now checks a nice clean cherry red on the dipstick and I will start a normal change interval. So nice it only takes 10 minutes to drain and fill!

That being said I have heard of success with both Amsoil and the maxlife and wouldn't hesitate to use them, but I would try and stick to just one instead of mixing.

I drain and fill on my 2010 Honda CRV with Amsoil ATF at 29k miles. Car has 65k miles now and I'm getting ready to change the fluid again. Transmission shifts smooth, like butter.

-ttvr4

bought our brand new crv in 2010, did the fluid change at 30k, now i just do it every year or 15k miles along with the rear diff. all i use is genuine honda DW1 atf in the transmission.

Originally Posted By: dedonderosa
bought our brand new crv in 2010, did the fluid change at 30k, now i just do it every year or 15k miles along with the rear diff. all i use is genuine honda DW1 atf in the transmission.

You are miles ahead on maintenance, If you pull the trans dip stick on the used cars around here it seems that noone services the transmission for the first 100K and then sells/trades it off for someone else to deal with.

ive always been very meticulous when it comes to maintenance on my vehicles, for such a few bucks for fluid its just piece of mind ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back