AMSOIL Synthetic Firearm Lubricant and Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered a 4oz bottle of the lubricant and two of the 5oz aerosol cleaners.

Looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks, Pablo!

I'm definitely going to get the oil, but I just bought a 32oz bottle of Mpro7 cleaner so I'll be waiting a few years until I need some more cleaner unless I get careless and start soaking everything

Received my bottle of lubricant yesterday, cleaner was backordered so it must be getting some interest. Put several drops into a S&W K-frame action and worked it in. My finger dyno thinks it is a tad bit smoother than the Breakfree CLP I normally use. No negative impressions of the oil yet.

I was called into work early today so no plinking today. I did get my two cases yesterday. The cleaner has an oil/solvent aroma but not too nasty. The lube has zero smell really. It's interesting. Unlike any oil I have right now.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
One of the sharp guys here had an idea. For $22 Paypal - I will ship one bottle of each - to you - in the USA. PM me if interested. Thanks!

Can't wait to receive them, will post my thoughts here.

I haven't even gone shooting for weeks. Not next weekend either. Wife's B day!

Quote:
Type: Announcement

New AMSOIL Firearm Cleaner and Protectant (FCP) has nearly sold out due to overwhelming demand. We will sell out the remaining inventory, but we will not accept backorders once current inventory is depleted. We expect to have Firearm Cleaner and Protectant back in stock by mid-October. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please extend our apologies to your customers and accounts who are affected by this.

I haven't even gone shooting for weeks. Not next weekend either. Wife's B day!

Quote:
Type: Announcement

New AMSOIL Firearm Cleaner and Protectant (FCP) has nearly sold out due to overwhelming demand. We will sell out the remaining inventory, but we will not accept backorders once current inventory is depleted. We expect to have Firearm Cleaner and Protectant back in stock by mid-October. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please extend our apologies to your customers and accounts who are affected by this.

That message is just for the cleaner right? If I'm understanding correctly the cleaner is out selling the oil?

Got mine in the mail. Range time scheduled for tomorrow, so I'll let you know how I like it afterwards...

Cheers,
Astro

Yes, FCP - which by consumption makes sense, my guess folks are ordering more and Amsoil may have had equal amounts of both. Not sure, I should ask.

It makes sense when you think about it, when using gun oil sparingly it lasts a long time but cleaner can go fast

I got all excited to clean my striker channel for the first time on my shield and busted out the Amsoil cleaner and to my surprise it is very oily!

I decided to go back and use non chlorinated brake cleaner because as most of us know these strikers have to be oil free.

This cleaner smells just like WD40 from what I can tell. Leaves a oily residue like Ballistol? I've never used Ballistol but seen it used by others.

The oil doesn't stink and seems to be similar to my Mpro7 in color, light green.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

And therin lies the rub. They have a 1950's distribution model, in a 2016 market. As someone that studies business models and business in general, they are OUT OF THEIR FREAKING MIND selling their merchandise as they do. Innovate, adapt, learn, or go the way of Circuit City.

Maybe they are just happy being a small obscure lubricant manufacture. They COULD be on the shelves of every auto parts store in the country if they wanted the success, but they dont.

Yup. Not saying Amsoil is not a good product but but the multi-tier marketing system ensures that it will be over-priced. Well said bubba.

Originally Posted By: Al
....Not saying Amsoil is not a good product but the multi-tier marketing system ensures that it will be over-priced....

Very good point. I can purchase most any brand name, full synthetic motor oil at places like Wal-Mart, Tractor Supply, along with dozens of outlet stores, heavily discounted. It's called competition. I'm not going to pay upward of $30 for a 5 quart jug at one place, if I can buy the exact same oil at Wal-Mart for $22. Amsoil with their Internet marketing assures high prices, and that you will get the least bang for your buck. Count me out.

And home delivery is NOT that convenient. In fact it's more of a PITA. Think about it. You have to schedule your life around the delivery, making sure you are home when it comes. If you're not, it can easily disappear. Even if you're retired, like I am, I've got better things to do than wait for a delivery man. If you're single and working, forget it. Most of what I end up ordering on line are things I cannot simply go out and buy at a store close by. So if I want them, I've got no choice but to order them. If they're a small item that can be shipped USPS to the mailbox, it's no big deal. But a big, heavy box of motor oil certainly does not fit into that category.

My Dad has driven millions of miles, and tore engines down every time they finally gave out in his vehicles. He used to sell Amsoil. It did alright, but no better than other quality oils, based on his tear-downs and longevity results. It's not a bad product, just expensive, as noted.

What I want to know is: "What makes this cleaner and lube DIFFERENT from others with the same description?"

Lol well their is dozens and dozens of lab tests that say otherwise. So are we suppose to take yoy Dad's abilty to eye up his engine and say its no better. They had a perfect test they took weed eaters and let them rip for days all brand new. Amsoil and lucas and another oil. Amsoil was far and away the best.. lucas was second i forget the other brand but it was pathetic. Amsoil encourages their customers to send in their oil for samples after use not only to tell if your change interval is long or shirt enough, and or if your engine has issues. They offer several prepaid lab kits with shipping. Not to many oil change companies do this!!

Amsoil gun oil. Makes sense to me buy gun oil from oil companies lol! I can already assure u it is a good product i have used amsoil ss 5w30 on my bolt and it worked fine. Obviously just a small film i did not dip it in a quart of it. I have heard guys using movile one. Now obviously amsoil gun oil is not the same as ss 5w30 but i onow their oil works on bcg's.
As for gun lube slip 2000 is my favorite as well is slip 2000 30 (a heavier weight stays put better almost as slippery as the normal i usually mix em half and half) EWL 30 goes on the bolt inside the bcg and in high wear areas harder to get at. The standrd slip 2000 goes everywhere else. I use to use mpro 7 which is plenty slippery but slip 2000 is just perfect! I ordered amaoil should get it tomorrow . I have a custom build 308 ar with a mega monolithic upper and lower cerakoted burnt. A kreiger 18" bbl spiral fluted with a jp brake. A jp vmos bcg and a magpul adjustable stock not the prs but the newer one low provile nice and solid. Slip 2000 makes that thing pur i would be surprised if the amsoil is better but i assume it will beat hopps elite and clp and even m pro 7 we will see. Any of u guys try it yet.
Have any of u tried wilson combate grease it is also pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back