Sully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw it Sunday night at the drive in. It really struck a cord with me and hacked me off.

I've felt the same way in my previous jobs. You have people who have no clue technically, thinking they are going to run you.

I have yet to see Sully, but plan to shortly.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I have thought about seeing it. I still need to see the bourne release too.

IMO don't waste your time with the newest Bourne, nothing new and very little plot.

Great movie, stuck to the facts and painted an accurate picture of the while event. It explained some of the details that were not covered in the news stories and that made it interesting.

This movie was about a man named Chelsea "Sully" Sullenberger and the unfortunate event he found himself dealing with, rather than being about the larger-than-life character the media made him out to be.

Please do not take my statement as any form of downplay of his heroic acts. He's amazing. Just see the movie, and you'll understand exactly what I mean.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Saw it Sunday night at the drive in. It really struck a cord with me and hacked me off. I've felt the same way in my previous jobs. You have people who have no clue technically, thinking they are going to run you.
I saw it a while back and it is a great movie and, of course, the man is a bonafide hero. The one thing I read is most of the major reviews is the NTSB was only doing their job by going through all of the motions they did and Eastwood (as the director) used this as a way to create more melodrama by vilifying them. No question that Sully made the correct choice.

He attended a performance of "South Pacific" when it was at Lincoln Center a couple of years ago.

He was introduced after the bows and got a standing ovation from both house and stage.

I wish the movie distribution industry would bring back the video store.

As can I....but I am not going to beat myself up for spending maybe a couple of hours a month relaxing in front of a good movie..got to have some balance. Life is too short to be busy ALL of the time

I happened to be flipping across wikipedia last night, and read about the flight. Then about the movie. The fact that Eastwood played up something about the NTSB to give it more drama has made me not want to watch it.

I wouldn't mind watching a documentary on it, but it'd be more interesting to watch it from the NTSB perspective: this is how we investigate crashes, these are the things we look for, these are the options that the pilot had at their disposal, etc.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
No thanks. I can always find something more constructive to do than sit around watching movies.

Obviously...

No thanks. I can always find something more constructive to do than sit around watching movies.
Pop_Rivit said:
Of course you can -rolls eyes-

This

749956.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back