Moderators: Why Was My Thread Shut Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
IMO, NHHEMI was being too aggressive.

The Board Rules are on every page in the bottom left corner.

The board rules are not above the law. If Hillary's IT was asking Email questions.... the owners can be ordered to comply with Federal departments.

From what I read from the OP deleted thread, he was asking for LEGAL advice. Which, varies by State and jurisdiction greatly.

OP should seek LEGAL advise. The opinions on BITOG should be verified with a registered lawyer.

Last edited:
Because you were a [censored] in the other thread choosing to engage and inflame others.

Just because you don't agree you don't need to pick back. I think all input is great.

You called someone an "old fuddy-duddy" and yet you make a lame jab at millennials on this thread? Pot calling the kettle black?

I thought it was a GREAT thread John! I had no idea it was locked till just now. There were no threats or violence towards any posters,nothing that I saw. Just an adult discussion about a topic that's very important to some people. I've noticed here lately that you really have to walk on eggshells around here or you'll get "banned",have your threads locked,deleted,etc. Someone dislikes a certain brand of car,oil,etc,and suddenly you're "bashing",oh lord! I see the term "rice" used here all time. That's a racial slur towards Asians,and some find that VERY offensive. My gf is Asian and I don't appreciate seeing that term used,but I don't go crying to the mods and almighty thread lockers about it. Seems here lately there's been alot of "selective policing". If I'm offended by something (which honestly nothing offends me) I just read it,shake my head,and move on with my life.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I thought it was a GREAT thread John! I had no idea it was locked till just now. There were no threats or violence towards any posters,nothing that I saw. Just an adult discussion about a topic that's very important to some people. I've noticed here lately that you really have to walk on eggshells around here or you'll get "banned",have your threads locked,deleted,etc. Someone dislikes a certain brand of car,oil,etc,and suddenly you're "bashing",oh lord! I see the term "rice" used here all time. That's a racial slur towards Asians,and some find that VERY offensive. My gf is Asian and I don't appreciate seeing that term used,but I don't go crying to the mods and almighty thread lockers about it. Seems here lately there's been alot of "selective policing". If I'm offended by something (which honestly nothing offends me) I just read it,shake my head,and move on with my life.

Precisely. Some of these folks act like they just got in the Internet yesterday.

Grow a pair. Stop acting like an old woman.

That said, I have a proposal. I'll apologize for hurting their feelings and promise not to do that anymore, and let's open the thread back up. I did think there was some good, informative information there.

I was talking to my gf awhile back about seeking out her biological father. Her mom was pregnant with her when she met him (her stepdad,a caucasian American citizen) in Asia. He brought her back here,to Dallas,Tx,where she was born and raised. She has no idea who he is,and I think it would be a beautiful thing to find out,especially before too much time passes by,and hoping he's still around (we're both 47). She probably has siblings she's never met. I just think finding your biological parent,brothers,sister,etc,would be a beautiful and precious gift. Life is simply too short to always wonder "what if?". If I were her,I'd want to know EVERYTHING about my biological family. She doesn't even know her mom's maiden name. Me,I'd be fascinated,if not obsessed with finding out as much as I could about my family.

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
You called someone an "old fuddy-duddy" and yet you make a lame jab at millennials on this thread? Pot calling the kettle black?

I'm no millennial, bud.

Proud Gen-X'er here.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Proud Gen-X'er here.

Right on!! Same here. Born in 1969
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I think they shut down threads that are starting to spiral in to gross negativity.

EVERYTHING spirals in to gross negativity. Deny that, and you deny reality.

I'm no millennial, bud.

Proud Gen-X'er here.

Clearly what I said wasnt implying you were a millenial. It was implying that you are an "old fuddy-duddy" for making lame jabs at milennials.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
IMO, NHHEMI was being too aggressive.

The Board Rules are on every page in the bottom left corner.

Rule 4:
Quote:
The general intent of these rules is to allow the owner and his designated agents to ensure that this forum remains a legal, healthy, and pleasant place in which members may freely exchange their ideas, within the bounds established in these rules.

Rule 9F:
Quote:
F. that the owner or his designated agents have the absolute right to remove objectionable content, at any time, if they determine that removal is necessary, appropriate, or otherwise in the best interest of the forum. The owner's and designated agents' decisions under this rule shall be made in their sole discretion, and shall not be subject to any form of review outside this forum. The owner will make a reasonable effort to ensure that materials that should be removed from the forum are removed in a timely fashion. Members assistance in this regard will be sincerely appreciated.

Nick;

Hey now don't bring me into this here. I am not going to go over what I said and why in a closed thread on the forums but if you want to tell me what you think I did that was out of line and 'aggressive" PM me. All things considered I feel I stayed within the rules and was civil even in disagreement. Hard to disagree and not say why.

I don't believe I had any back and forth with you in that thread either. I hadn't posted anything here in this thread( and wouldn't have if you hadn't mentioned me )so there was no call for you to post what you did. No way I got the other thread closed. I did not break any forum rules. I just disagreed strongly with the OP. That is allowed.

Maybe it was the OP himself who got it closed when he started name calling? I doubt it though. More than likely it was closed because there was nothing left to add on either side. It had run the course and was going negative. You know here at BITOG when that happens the thread is locked and/or goes away. The fact it went away vs. just being locked and left up might mean there were some really bad posts made we didn't see? Many reasons why it may have gone away and none are my fault. Seriously? Me?

( and no I am not butt hurt and crying - no need for Mod's to act I am done in this thread - just saying no need to call me out here )

Last edited:

I'm no millennial, bud.

Proud Gen-X'er here.

Clearly what I said wasnt implying you were a millenial. It was implying that you are an "old fuddy-duddy" for making lame jabs at milennials.

LOL...

Actually it's the millenials who are lame for wanting safe spaces to keep from hearing something that might offend their delicate little sensibilities.

I swear it's the sissification (I'll use the polite term) of America.

And we've got some men who act like old ladies on this board.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Nick;

Hey now don't bring me into this here. I am not going to go over what I said and why in a closed thread on the forums but if you want to tell me what you think I did that was out of line and 'aggressive" PM me. All things considered I feel I stayed within the rules and was civil even in disagreement. Hard to disagree and not say why.

I don't believe I had any back and forth with you in that thread either. I hadn't posted anything here in this thread( and wouldn't have if you hadn't mentioned me )so there was no call for you to post what you did. No way I got the other thread closed. I did not break any forum rules. I just disagreed strongly with the OP. That is allowed.

Maybe it was the OP himself who got it closed when he started name calling? I doubt it though. More than likely it was closed because there was nothing left to add on either side. It had run the course and was going negative. You know here at BITOG when that happens the thread is locked and/or goes away. The fact it went away vs. just being locked and left up might mean there were some really bad posts made we didn't see? Many reasons why it may have gone away and none are my fault. Seriously? Me?

( and no I am not butt hurt and crying - no need for Mod's to act I am done in this thread - just saying no need to call me out here )
No worries NHHEMI, I couldn't care less what you posted. The OP wanted to know why his thread was locked, I think the arguing and maybe your post was the reason. I was just trying to answer his question.

11.gif

So is there a list of mods? That's the reason I posted this thread - no one sent me a PM even alerting me to the fact that the thread was locked, didn't post up on the thread saying it was locked - nothing.

Kumbaya level below 90% = thread lock.
Kumbaya level below 70% = thread delete.
Kumbaya level below 50% = banned.
grin.gif

So is there a list of mods? That's the reason I posted this thread - no one sent me a PM even alerting me to the fact that the thread was locked, didn't post up on the thread saying it was locked - nothing.

Wait until you discover that you were banned with no prior warnings if you think that was bad.

Actually it's the millenials who are lame for wanting safe spaces to keep from hearing something that might offend their delicate little sensibilities.

I swear it's the sissification (I'll use the polite term) of America.

And we've got some men who act like old ladies on this board.

I'm starting to understand why a place free of ignorant statements would come off as a threat to you.

Much like Snoppy's reaction to "No Dogs Allowed".

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Just PM any mod and they will tell you why it was locked.

If I knew who they were, I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back