Texas Mile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if we have any participants on this board, but if you are going good luck. I'll post videos afterwards....I'm taking 2 cars, and hoping to run fast and not crash

I'm hoping to break 220mph in the camaro...

Last edited:
AS far as LSR goes, I've mostly been a Bonneville participant. But I know/have known several people who run/have run the Texas Mile, Loring, Maxton (now Ohio) El Mirage, lake Gairdner, Mojave Mile, etc.

Good luck.

No wing, just 3800 pounds of expensive chassis. I've done tons of track days, lots of drags, and the Texas Mile by far is the toughest test I've seen on engines, and cooling systems. You find out what's broke real quick with multible 200mph passes. This year I went to a air to water intercooler to hopefully keep my motor alive at 16 pounds of boost which should make 1100+hp

Great fun! I have run the Florida event at the abandoned airport near the Everglades a few times. A great place to be especially if you want to see some really hot cars. Amazing how fast some of the "ordinary" looking street cars can run.

They don't really have a track in Beeville...they have the former NAS Chase Field with its three runways.

I ran the Ohio Mile with the East Coast Timing Association for a couple of years, setting the records in B and C Diesel Truck with my trusty Dodge. I also ran C/GT in my Corvette one time, but couldn't run for a record because it didn't have a fire system. That event was fun, though, because I towed the Corvette to the event with my Dodge, then ran both for two days. Then I towed back to Michigan with the Cummins hummin' happily all the way.

Do have a 12v? I'd buy that truck from you! I have all these fast expensive cars, but I'm in love with my big dodge....compound turbos, 650hp, towing my triple axle car hauler 80mph down the highway all day long....the Cummins 5.9 is the best motor of all time!

Originally Posted By: FranklinJL
Do have a 12v? I'd buy that truck from you! I have all these fast expensive cars, but I'm in love with my big dodge....compound turbos, 650hp, towing my triple axle car hauler 80mph down the highway all day long....the Cummins 5.9 is the best motor of all time!

Mine is a 24v with the VP44 injection pump. I set the records when the truck had 235k miles on it. Now it has 291k, and still runs as good as ever. I don't think it got broken in until it had over 200k miles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back