Purolator L36135 - 9k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure wish I had more of these $3 Purolators for the van. All of them were perfect. This was the last one. 9k miles total including 4k miles of hard towing. Oil was VWB 10w30.

2016-09-26%2019.11.48.jpg

2016-09-26%2019.11.54.jpg

2016-09-26%2019.12.07.jpg

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
That looks like it held up better than any purolater i have ever seen. Usually they are wavvy

Made in South Korea. All filters from this stash were great quality.

I always wonder why some filters do well while others fail? Seems to be the same way with cars. Never buy a car built on Friday or Monday. That Purolator looks good.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
That looks like it held up better than any purolater i have ever seen. Usually they are wavvy

Made in South Korea. All filters from this stash were great quality.

Look like the South Korean made Prontos i get for $1.87.

Usually they're wavy? Whoa... Wavy pleats a comin'. Look out.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
I always wonder why some filters do well while others fail? Seems to be the same way with cars. Never buy a car built on Friday or Monday. That Purolator looks good.

Because it's not a Purolator made filter its a reboxed part number from a different manufacturer, they do it for low volume parts

Nice looking Purolator cartridge at 9k miles. Similar to the Wix/NG cartridge applications for Hyundai/Kia also made in S Korea, appears to be very high quality. No hourglass shape or displaced endcaps as cartridge anecdotes from other manufacturers have shown. The P1 PL36135 used by another member has looked good too in post use pics too.

Thanks for pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back