Everyones Favorite 5w30 Dino And Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cheapest oil that meets my manufacture specified requirements would be my favorite if I were running a commercial fleet. I'd also give weight to supplier relationship, consistency, and availability so that I didn't need to carry excessive inventory.

In my private vehicle, I'd prefer the oil with really good marketing, flashy YouTube videos, cool intelligent molecules synthesized from natural gas with a killer additive package and plenty of circumstantial reviews by uninformed consumers.

Something cheap to free. Nothing comes to mind actually. Don't use 5w30, not cold enough round here...

Originally Posted By: car51
Chevron Supreme!
smile.gif

Smart man. +1

It has an amazing additive pack. Click the link below. And for the price you just can't beat it. Best bang for your buck

http://www.pqiamerica.com/chevronsupreme.htm

Last edited:
While my main oil is Mobil 1 EP, my go to conventional is Mobil Super 5000. Decent oil at a good price.

used to be Havoline and Tropartic.

that was when it was available widely and was cheaper

now regular havoline is pricey and i can't find tropartic anywhere

then it used to be Shell because it was on sale regularly at menards, which is no longer available.

now i just pick up whatever conventional when its on sale, i try not to pay more then 2 bucks a quart for conventional.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If you run straight dino 5W-30, you run the risk of getting all kinds of viscosity shear.

How many kinds ?
grin2.gif

Didn't you own a shop, and provide us with expert advice as to the condition of the engines you used to see in the shop? Then you sold the shop, but now your brother owns a shop... And you ask us what 5w-30 we like? Shouldn't we be asking you based on your experience from the shop?

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Didn't you own a shop, and provide us with expert advice as to the condition of the engines you used to see in the shop? Then you sold the shop, but now your brother owns a shop... And you ask us what 5w-30 we like? Shouldn't we be asking you based on your experience from the shop?

That's what I thought... But this is the internet you can claim whatever you want.

But I'm going to have to pick PYB.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Im curious what is everyone favorite Dino in the 5w30 viscosity?
I recently changed from PYB TO Mobil super 5000 and was curious what everyone else was using and why?

As a mechanic who has torn down hundreds of engines, shouldn't you be qualified to tell us which one you prefer based upon your years of experience? All that experience should make you one of the most qualified people on the board to give advice, assuming you actually have the experience that you claim.

I used to put Supertech 5W30 dino in my snowblower because it was cheap and I visited Walmarts fairly often.
Since I started changing my FXT's oil and Subaru recommends synth for it, the snowblower gets odds and ends from whatever I have around for the car...it will probably get QSUD this year since I have a 5 quart jug that I decided to not use in my car (calcium/LSPI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back