Spray gun for FF or CarWell or Krown

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is product dependent. Typically products that don't dry won't clog up the gun if left in there for a reasonable amount of time. Tar like products will ruin the gun if not cleaned. I played it safe. After I was done with my airless sprayer I cleaned it. My rustproofing gun I used a different approach. I emptied the paint cup, filled it with about a pint of mineral spirits and shook it up. I sprayed about it through the wands, using about 3/4 of it into a plastic jug and capped it. The wands cleaned up nicely, and I left a few ounces in the gun. I use the thinner I sprayed into the container to thin the material the next time around. My gun stayed fine for over a year doing that.

Trav uses the same product I do and leaves it in the gun w/o issue.

I leave carwell in my spray systems without issue. The "nozzles" are essentially compressed ends of a round pipe. I use the 2.5 gallon corrosion x system for spray and wands. Its a $750 tank, but I was never able to find a similar substitute.

I bought the FF one for spraying FF. Never thought to clean it... been like 2 years. I just grab and spray. Not sure that the sprayer itself is anything that fancy, so I'm guessing that, as far as FF is concerned, it can just stay in the sprayer. I just put my FF stuff into a plastic tote and store when not in use.

FF doesn't have a solvent in it, so that won't dry out.

The FF gun can be cleaned up with water. I just used some liquid dish soap and hot water in the first bottle. You could get away with leaving it full of fluid film, but I store my stuff in my toolbox.

For FF, leaving it is fine. That's what I did with mine. No issues since the stuff stays semi-liquid. It blows out the next time the gun is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back