Everstart battery Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an Everstart battery from Walmart yesterday.There was a sticker on it that said made in Spain?
Who makes these?

A picture of the top would really help. I spotted a group size 47 or H5 battery for my VW at Wal-Mart that had a made in Saudi Arabia sticker on it. I think Johnson Controls made that particular one.

Johnson Controls makes most or all of the Walmart Everstart batteries, at least around here in NY. Could be another company in other parts of the country.

The JCI battery cell cap covers have the corners cut at 45 degrees rather than 90 degrees or rounded.

Last edited:
FWIW, I've had pretty good luck with Walmart batteries. I always end up buying mine at Walmart because batteries never fail at a convenient time and Walmart is open 24 hours. Also, Walmarts are everywhere.

The Maxx line is worth picking up. I've heard nothing but horror stories from the standard line. Personally, I stopped buying budget batteries. Here in the desert, you really do get what you pay for.

We had an EverStart Maxx in our Acura, and it lasted about 4 years. We bought another one, and it seems to be doing fine also. Both of our vehicles take the ubiquitous 24F. I see batteries as consumable commodities, and just part of the cost of ownership. Averaging one $100 battery every 4 years is reasonable to me.

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
The Maxx line is worth picking up. I've heard nothing but horror stories from the standard line. Personally, I stopped buying budget batteries. Here in the desert, you really do get what you pay for.

Yeah, I've always purchased the Maxx. I guess I didn't realize they had more than one line of batteries.

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
I've heard nothing but horror stories from the standard line. Personally, I stopped buying budget batteries. Here in the desert, you really do get what you pay for.
Yeah, I had so many failures with them in PowerSport equipment, I renamed them to (N)everStart--I think they are POS.

Never had a problem with them IRL. Unlike other people in this thread I don't go by magical fairy tales I hear on the internet.

What group size is it? Just curious
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back