316aqt2.jpg

d9av.jpg

35358a0.jpg

20zy8ph.jpg

2j3l2x5.jpg

4u8jlc.jpg

5btvk5.jpg

2liz9n6.jpg

Off of brothers new to him 2011 GMC YUKON "hybrid" with 5.3 v-8. Had MaxLife 5w30 and this for 7,400 miles. 49,454 on vehicle. FRAM ULTRA and more MaxLife blend 5w30 in and on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used that same filter on my Santa Fe Sport 2.0T without issue. Didn't know it was a FRAM. Thanks for the info.

Looks like heck. Not enough louvers, the holes on top appear to be punched instead of drilled (don't like the rough edge because they hurt oil flow), and the pleats aren't perfectly spaced. Other than that it looks great.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
... the holes on top appear to be punched instead of drilled (don't like the rough edge because they hurt oil flow) ...

Doesn't make any difference when a PD oil pump is pushing the volume through the system.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
... the holes on top appear to be punched instead of drilled (don't like the rough edge because they hurt oil flow) ...

Doesn't make any difference when a PD oil pump is pushing the volume through the system.

Thanks Chief. I thought the sarcasm was obvious.

I thought so too. You heard him, we need louvers!

At least car51 is back to cutting filters now
smile.gif

Hard to tell around this place sometimes ... might want to use some of these next time --->
grin.gif

Not bad, this is the same filter used by VIOC on my company 3.7 Transit, I did see they switched to Fram/Champ on the last one. Might be able to push it out to 7500 miles now.

Really nice looking and clean.

How are you all cutting open filters? I used a hacksaw approx 1/2" from top. It looks like it went through, but I cannot separate the two pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back