Virgin Napa Gold 1348

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to explain here. Just giving back to the BITOG Community.

u8fbS3O.jpg

Ng9D7lF.jpg

shILnf2.jpg

ImOmwbd.jpg

I've been using a 1392 on my 84 Civic since it was new. When NAPA has a sale I buy ahead for the next couple of years. I'm down to my last one and looking for another one of their sales.

Looks like a fine oil filter.

Would you run one of these 10K with synthetic oil?

If you had the choice between this filter or a Fram Tough Guard which would you use?

Running two of these 1348 currently. One on a Kohler engine ride on, one on a Tacoma. Great value at less than $4 at local Napa 40% off semi annual NG sale.

Thanks for pics.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Looks like a fine oil filter.

Would you run one of these 10K with synthetic oil?

If you had the choice between this filter or a Fram Tough Guard which would you use?

For me I would choose a Wix over a Tough Guard. Mainly because of price. The Wix/NAPA Gold is at least $1 cheaper at regular price, and the NAPA sale make it almost $5 cheaper. Plus, even though I have seen how well the fiber end cap filters work, my brain still wants metal end caps.

I know I ran Wix/Syn oil for 10,000 miles a few times on my old '04 Elantra and the filter looked fine when cut apart (wish I could find the pics of it).

Nice pictures. Thanks!
Anybody using the Platinum's? Like $9 today..........

Important Information: Manufacturer OE Recommended Oil Change Intervals, Best For Synthetic Motor Oils
•Has Stronger, Upgraded Can Design
• NAPA Platinum Oil Filters Are The "BEST" Filter Choice In NAPA's Family Of Filters, When Using Synthetic Motor Oils Or Dealing With Harsh Or Severe Driving Conditions
• NAPA Platinum Oil Filters Use Fully Synthetic Media For Very Best In Engine Protection. Our Platinum Oil Filters Provide Ultimate Protection, Offering Technology For The Latest Advancements In Synthetic Oils
• Uses Silicon Anti-Drain Back Valves Which Will Not Harden Or Become Brittle, Providing Greater Protection Over Standard Nitrile Valves Used in Lesser Quality Economy Filters
• Manufacturer OE Recommended Oil Change Intervals
• NAPA Platinum Filters Are Essential For Elite Vehicle Maintenance And Complete Peace Of Mind.
• Sealing Gaskets Are Made Of A Hydrogenated Nitrile Compound For Improved Durability At High Temperatures
• Up To 100% More Dirt Holding Capacity Than NAPA Gold

I've used Gold's a few times for 10k, they always held up well, never any tears or anything beyond a few waves. I've got a platinum installed in a Prius and and RAV4 right now, running for 2 OCI, but I doubt I'll cut them open afterwards, not sure what there would be to see since they're wire backed and all. Maybe I can see if there's any visible dirt or something.

Anyway, I have no hesitation to running Gold's 10k unless my engine has known issues.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
For me I would choose a Wix over a Tough Guard. Mainly because of price. The Wix/NAPA Gold is at least $1 cheaper at regular price, and the NAPA sale make it almost $5 cheaper. Plus, even though I have seen how well the fiber end cap filters work, my brain still wants metal end caps.

I know I ran Wix/Syn oil for 10,000 miles a few times on my old '04 Elantra and the filter looked fine when cut apart (wish I could find the pics of it).

thumbsup2.gif
Wix/NAPA Gold oil filters are a great buy, even more so when on sale.

I would like to see your pics of the Wix filters you ran on your Elantra. Pics of Wix/NAPA Gold filters are always good to see.
smile.gif

Farmer, thank you for all your pics in this thread and others. I appreciate your time and effort in doing this. The filters all look great.
smile.gif

pbm, I wouldn't see why not. I told my friend to run a Napa Gold 7356 for 10k miles to see what it looks like.

Sayjac, You're welcome.

AirgunSavant, No, I haven't tried one yet. But maybe later on I'll buy one to use.

Tony10s, You're welcome. I'm being car51 this weekend.
smile.gif
Usually hes got pictures of filters for the weekend but I guess I did his job for this week.

That's a good looking filter.

Pleats are straight and appear to be spaced out well.
Construction seems solid
Media seems robust

I can't see anything obvious to complain about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back