Brand Comparison between 5w-40 vs. 15w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
NattyBoh,
I know we had talked a couple years ago about this but I wanted to let you know I picked up a couple cases of Deere Plus 50II 10w-30 yesterday and the current pricing is $13.50 per gallon at my local dealer. I don't know if you had ever tried it in your truck or not but I continue to use it in my current 6.7 PowerStroke, along with other pieces of equipment, and it still continues to deliver outstanding UOA's

For what it's worth, I use MC 10w30 and tow a 12k trailer and a 10k camper exclusively with my 6.7 F250. I've used it since 2005 in my previous 6.0s with no engine problems. The only reason I traded the last on for the 2014 was because with a growing family, I needed doors instead of the king cab.

Hey bud, I did run it but I noticed lower ICP at full PW. The 40weight is holding at the high press better at full throttle. Hard to believe but my truck is far from stock on many many levels. The 5w40 is allowing me to run a longer PW, I'm now running delvac esp 5w40 that I paid like 12$ a gallon. I bought 32 gallons total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back