Matcha tea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This matcha tea stuff seems to be all the latest craze in the news, highlighting its various health benefits.

If you are familiar with it, which one would you recommend, if I were to try some?

Thanks!

I drink Twingings Tea or Tim Hortons in Earl Grey. I take wheatgrass now and it sounds kinda like that. You drink that and its gotta be like adding engine flush to a car with sludge issues
grin.gif
I'd drink in small amounts as it could flush you out. Do it on a weekend where you have a day to recover and you have nowhere important to need to be.

If you want the real deal then get Matcha made in Japan. There are a lot of lookalike versions made in China or Taiwan on the market.

The difference will be in purity and color. A proper Matcha will be very clean and bright.

But at the end of the day tea is tea. It's all the same plant, just different preparations.

Marco620, You might like Twinnings Darjeeling also. It's great with lemon and a little honey. A nice afternoon drink. It's not always available. Ask your grocer to order some if there's none on the shelf.

I found it tasted a bit like dirt when I first tried it, but have warmed up to it. It's good as a latte, if you're into that sort of thing. We use a peppermint flavoured version from David's Tea, but that's a matter of personal preference.

You try it yet? I don't know a pile about matcha; black tea is my thing. Teavana's pricing is a little higher than my usual supplier, plus they use some artificial flavours when they really shouldn't be, like in Earl Grey. I would think that shouldn't be a problem with matcha or green teas in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back