Possible rust areas on 2015 Ford F250

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under my Ford pickup this weekend and noticed that there are some 45 degree braces basically below the doors. The braces are about 2.5" wide and have square holes in them. The way they are attached they basically form a shelf where dirt collects. I can poke my pinky through the hole and rub the dirt. There was a triangle of dirt about 1/2" high there. It will just stay there and not get washed away by a car wash with undercarriage spray or driving in the rain.

Last edited:
Power wash the bottom, get 10 cans of Rustoleum undercoating from WalMart and undercoat the whole thing.

Tell your CarWell guy to spray the snot out of them with something thick. Then the dirt will make a nice layer on top, and protect the protectant. Much better than not treating at all.

They stick foam in the fenders alot to help with sound deadening. The foam gets wet and ends up rotting out the fenders. Happened on my ford ranger. I much prefer airflow through the fenders to keep it dry. The little bit of sound deadening loss is probably not noticed.

Sounds like you caught a potential problem early. Good job.

In a situation like this, I would;

1.) Wash off the braces with a garden-hose to thoroughly clean and then let dry.

2.) Spray with Fluid Film and leave it for a couple days (to flow into any seams)

3.) Mix Never-Seize with Fluid Film.
Use a 1" chip-brush and coat the area.
It does not wash off and you can control the viscosity.
Check every Year or two and recoat.
Some years use more Fluid Film in your mixture to get better 'creep'.

I've done this with my Brake Lines and after 14 Salty Winters, the Brake Lines still look brand new.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I think Ford should recall. Toyota did with pickup frames from Dana that had an area that would hold wet dirt/salt.

Those Ford trucks have been rusting heavily since 1999 when Ford started making them.

I don't think I've ever seen so many trucks with the body colapsed on the frame as the 1,2,3G super duties.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: Donald
I think Ford should recall. Toyota did with pickup frames from Dana that had an area that would hold wet dirt/salt.

Those Ford trucks have been rusting heavily since 1999 when Ford started making them.

I don't think I've ever seen so many trucks with the body colapsed on the frame as the 1,2,3G super duties.

What about GM's? They like to lose cab corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back