Got hit this past Saturday. I'm OK but shaken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: teddyboy
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: teddyboy
....I'm not inclined to quit. Doing so would be particularly inappropriate in the immediate aftermath of this incident.

That's up to you, of course, but I don't get the "particularly inappropriate" thing. Nothing "particularly inappropriate" about rational, experienced-based fear for ones safety, rather the reverse.

It would be particularly inappropriate for me to make a decision that is driven by the emotion of this event. I'm not sure that a rational assessment of the potential risks and rewards to cycling is possible for me at the moment. I fully recognize that you might consider it appropriate for you make the decision to give up riding at this time. I certainly didn't mean to imply that what's right for me should be right for you just as I'm sure that you wouldn't mean to suggest that your understanding of rational thought should be mine.

Well, I ride a bicycle, and sometimes a motorcycle, in TAIWAN. No way can I take a "more rational than thou" position, since this is plainly a bloody dangerous/stupid thing to do. I was just suggesting that the popular "get back on that horse" dictum shouldn't be accepted uncritically.

Do you live in Taiwan? My wife and I have been to Taipei several times and love it there.

I'm glad you are OK, and is nice to know that the driver stepped up and took responsibility for hitting you. It gives me hope that folks are still decent.

Keep on riding !

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
stop riding, i did

The [censored] with that... Do What I did, move to MTB where there are no cars, no traffic, no hazards other than the ones on the trail in front of you.

Anyway glad you're OK, could have been way worse!

I usually scare myself way more often MTB than road riding. I guess the worst that could happen is a broken shoulder or arm though, as opposed to... dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back