Shop Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Berny
Originally Posted By: firemachine69

My wife went to go buy a battery from the local Canadian Tire, and being mechanically-retarded (and it's pretty obvious), the salesman made up some baloney that only the top-of-the-line battery came with a warranty. So we now have a $100 battery in a $500 lawnmower.
mad.gif

My wife is not "mechanically inclined" nor do I expect her to be. I have too much love and respect for her to ever call or think of her as mechanically-retarded. Much less on a public forum. I guess you and I are from a different generation or was brought up differently. If it's the latter, kudos to your parents.

Her own choice of words, but thanks for coming out with your lecture!
wink.gif

I now avoid that place as much as I can, made the necessary phone calls to head office, and yes, I don't send her out on mechanical errands anymore. Too bad we have a bunch of victim blamers on here with zero integrity trying to justify this behaviour from a crooked shop. We're also talking a $40 battery (which is what I sent her out to go buy), versus a $100 one, it's not life and death. But it is apparent exactly who the dishonest BITOGers are now. I'm sure they'll turn around in other threads and cry foul over why angry feminism still exists!

P.S.

If she breaks down out of town on a trip to a friend's, should I run to her assistance because people are that dishonest? Maybe I shouldn't "let" her out of the house to do groceries because too many dishonest stores exist? Inquiring minds would like to know.
whistle.gif

Still. You sent her, despite knowing better.

Perhaps she should have not bought anything, and gone home empty handed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back