Bought a 01 Tahoe that someone put green into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cronk
You might try hot water and dishwasher powder to clean the reservoir. I've used that in the past to clean them out and it worked well.

I got a nice one at a junk yard for $5. Never again will I try to clean one. Ever. I tried everything I could think of, power washer, soaking in water mixed with Krud Cutter (phosphoric acid) $$$. Simple Green. Bleach. Dish soap. Everything worked a bit but this reservoir has chambers that are difficult to get flow through.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
Originally Posted By: cronk
You might try hot water and dishwasher powder to clean the reservoir. I've used that in the past to clean them out and it worked well.

I got a nice one at a junk yard for $5. Never again will I try to clean one. Ever. I tried everything I could think of, power washer, soaking in water mixed with Krud Cutter (phosphoric acid) $$$. Simple Green. Bleach. Dish soap. Everything worked a bit but this reservoir has chambers that are difficult to get flow through.

I too had trouble getting overflows tanks clean until I started using dishwasher soap and pennies to agitate.

So far the water and vinegar mixes did a good job. I've got it coming out clear. I'm going to remove and power wash the reservour then give it my patented mix of artisean well water and DexCool.

I hope your joking about the water...

Originally Posted By: Lubener
So far the water and vinegar mixes did a good job. I've got it coming out clear. I'm going to remove and power wash the reservour then give it my patented mix of artisean well water and DexCool.

Treated/filtered house tap well water has been run 50/50 over long term with just about every type of coolant known to man here. Probably 6 DexCool cars, including the cavalier when it had it's first change back in 2003 or so, about 200,000 miles ago... It's in my CTS-V. I would not run chlorinated water.

Originally Posted By: Lubener

Treated/filtered house tap well water has been run 50/50 over long term with just about every type of coolant known to man here. Probably 6 DexCool cars, including the cavalier when it had it's first change back in 2003 or so, about 200,000 miles ago... It's in my CTS-V. I would not run chlorinated water.

We also use well water in all our vehicles. It is run through a softener and an iron removal unit before we use it. Works just fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back