Does anyone use E15 instead of E10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: K20FA5
Originally Posted By: mkosem
Never seen it at the pump, buy my car's manual explicitly forbids >10% ethanol.

Our new 4Runner has a E15 and a E85 with a circle and slash through it on the gas cap
smile.gif

Toyota hates e-15/e-85.
Not sure on my F150 though. I know it is not flex fuel, but no idea on e-15 (not that it is available here that I have seen). Plus the price difference here between regular e-10 and e-85 is only $0.02.

Seriously, that is crazy for the much worse mileage with e-85 there is no way I would use it if I had a vehicle that could use it.

I bet you people would use it if the alternative was walking. Having an alternative lessens the impacts of being robbed by oil companies with their real or perceived emergencies like that pipeline leak.

I'd put e85 in my non flex fuel vehicles in a heartbeat rather than wait in gas lines for hours.

But people like being lemmings.

I am strictly a lowest cost per mile guy. I will put anything from regular no ethanol on up to E85 in the tank. Cost in relation to the fuel economy of the fuel being used and determine cost per mile. Whatever gives lowest cost per mile wins. A few years ago, that was E85, hands down. For the last couple of years, it has been E15. No bias, just value.

Originally Posted By: mkosem
Never seen it at the pump, buy my car's manual explicitly forbids >10% ethanol.

Likewise here. Those under warranty would be wise to check.

I applaud folks who can run whatever they want. We own flex fuel AFM engines in all our service trucks. But we only run the 10% or less blend at the cheapest and busiest joint in town.

Just like TT said, it's all about economics....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back