Amsoil power foam spray w/o map sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to spray that stuff into the throttle body but on top of that throttle body location I have a map sensor there. Amsoil Tech told me to take off the map sensor in order to spray that stuff into the throttle body. My question is if I take off the Map sensor won't the car act differently or will I damage other sensor if my map sensor is not there? The reason I want to spray that is because I have a lot of carbon build up inside the lower intake manifold.

Your car may run on some default fuel map. Your car may run kind of poorly. Your car may run ridiculously bad. Your car may not start at all. Entirely make/model dependent.

Can you fit a straw in the end of he can? It will reach past the sensor..
Or use a vac. port maybe?

Better yet find out why the carbon is building up and address the problem, not the symptom.

Last edited:
Odyssey? I don't think MAP sensor is there. For whatever it is worth, I sprayed strong 3M cleaner all the way through the EGR passage which obviously went through the throttle body.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Odyssey? I don't think MAP sensor is there. For whatever it is worth, I sprayed strong 3M cleaner all the way through the EGR passage which obviously went through the throttle body.

Yes Sir. I don't want to buy other products now since I already bought the power foam. I have one on top of the throttle body location because I just verify again by checking on the car. Here's the link that show it has map sensor on top of the throttle body location; http://www.hondapartsoverstock.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=50697308&ukey_assembly=6184710

#12 on the diagram

Originally Posted By: Olas
Can you fit a straw in the end of he can? It will reach past the sensor..
Or use a vac. port maybe?

Better yet find out why the carbon is building up and address the problem, not the symptom.

It didn't come with the straw so I might need to find one and verify if i can pass the straw further then map sensor located at.

It has carbon build up because of EGR passage and throttle body was never clean until at 420k mileage ago and now I'm at 422k miles on it. At 420k mile I saw a lot of carbon build up at lower intake manifold while I took of the upper intake manifold.

I had cleaned the TB on that model only when I had the upper plenum off to clean the EGR passageway. I just used cloth/paper towel to clean the plate and the bore from both sides while I had access.

Theoretically, the MAP sensor is on the top and a bore through spray should not damage it but you could do it next time you need to take the plenum off.

Don't create problem for you where the problem don't exist. Treat this vehicle as it if has 40K miles on it and fix the stuff when it breaks or is showing you symptoms.

Is throttle plate getting stuck? If not leave it alone until you have good access to it. Stash your powerfoam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back