Weathertech vs. Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do NOT leave these guys out. Less known but much better than Husky and Weather Tech!

3D MAXpider Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mats

Yo, 007, Are you in contact with these people?
I went to the website and it is colorful and REAL NEW and the video links are unobtainable and other stuff appears to be in Japanese.

Very cool though. They even have products for our 2016 Mazda3. They fit 2014+ so OK.

I'll go to more websites (like Amazon) but I'd love to see the product first.

I'm all for it! Cheers and I'll get to everyone here, Kira

Yeah I got the royal blow off................

Originally Posted By: 007
Do NOT leave these guys out. Less known but much better than Husky and Weather Tech!

We decided to go with the 3D MAXpider set. It arrived yesterday (2 day shipping via Amazon Prime) and we are extremely happy.
We LOVE the fit, apparent quality, texture of finish. It's a fake weave done well offering a sophisticated look.
It's just perfect to have a GREAT LOOKING option.
The grippy bottom surface does bite right into the carpet. They set into place as if locked down. They almost don't need a grippy bottom.

That's not to say we dislike the "serious-cleaty" look of the Weathertechs and others. They do hold water but can grab the shoes of lazy or old people.

FIRST HAND HISTORY:
Weathertechs have gone into two Jeep Cherokees.

I've had the option to buy look-a-like Weathertechs (driver's only) for a Saab 9-5 on two occasions.
I wish I could recall the name of the company which offered single mat sales because they deserve to be thanked in public.

I bought my sister the Husky set for her 2012 Mazda3, offering a great comparison for us. They're of a harder but still flexible plastic.
I put Rensi brand foot well inserts in my Volvo V70. Limited due to size but OK. Anyone would want more coverage. Comparable material to the Husky set

The 3D MAXpider set shares the top shelf with the Weathertechs possibly having an edge in passenger cars vs. trucks.
They look and feel great.
I recommend them. Check to see if they're made for your car.

SO, I conclude "We the People" have it pretty good because we got 'choice';
Hugs and kisses to you all. Kira

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

Yeah I got the royal blow off................

Originally Posted By: 007

Thank you AirgunSavant, I think those are a great deal. I may have to order 3 sets of those, one of those going to my brother.
thumbsup2.gif

For those with trucks, Jeeps, and real off road SUV's, also consider Rugged Ridge floor liners. They are very thick semi-hard rubber and IMO much better than the Husky equivalent. Excellent fit and made in the U.S.. But, they have a very redneck cleat design that will not interest those that seek refinement. They tend to be much cheaper than Weathertec.

http://www.ruggedridge.com/floor-liners.html
82989.04.jpg

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
For those with trucks, Jeeps, and real off road SUV's, also consider Rugged Ridge floor liners. They are very thick semi-hard rubber and IMO much better than the Husky equivalent. Excellent fit and made in the U.S.. But, they have a very redneck cleat design that will not interest those that seek refinement. They tend to be much cheaper than Weathertec.

http://www.ruggedridge.com/floor-liners.html
82989.04.jpg

Yeah those are nice. I got some for my brother's Cherokee and he loves them.

I've had my husky mats for almost 8 years and I couldn't be happier. No issue whatsoever and the carpet looks new. Front, rear and cargo.

My parents have WT and they are great too.

Since Husky uses a diamond plate pattern, WT mats would look nicer in say your Volvo. In a truck it wouldn't matter IMO.

We have the Husky's in the Civic and the WT in the Versa. I think the WT's are a slightly thicker plastic but both seem to just as well. The Husky's are going on 4.5 years and the WT's are only 6 months so far. I would get whatever is cheaper.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Sure a bunch of folks that mention where they are made ...
Why would it matter where they're made?

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Sure a bunch of folks that mention where they are made ...

Wasn't your Fusion made in Mexico?

I've got a set of Huskys in my truck. Only had them a year but I like them very well. And because it was mentioned a comment or two above me....made in the USA.

Weathertech's are always the first purchase for any vehicle I have. I've seen the Husky's in other cars and don't really have anything to fault them on. I stick with the Weathertech's because I've never run into any issues in the 6+ vehicles I've used them in and they are somewhat local.

I personally like the Husky liners better. Had them for 13 years in my Tacoma and they held up well and protected the carpet exactly as they should have. I have had a set of Huskys in my Tundra now for almost 5 years and have been happy with them. I'm sure the WT's work just as well.

I swear it doesn't end....

On the Ruggedridge website selecting "1997" for my friend's vehicle was simple. The selection for "make" then simply changed to "loading" and never became operational.

What is it with these websites? I'm thinking they're on a shared server or there's some other bottleneck. Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira
I swear it doesn't end....

On the Ruggedridge website selecting "1997" for my friend's vehicle was simple. The selection for "make" then simply changed to "loading" and never became operational.

What is it with these websites? I'm thinking they're on a shared server or there's some other bottleneck. Kira

I had never heard of the Ruggedridge mats before reading this thread. My wife's 08 CR-V needs a new set of front and rear mats, so I went to their website to check them out and decided to buy a set. However, I experienced the same thing as you did when I attempted to enter the make of my selection. Oh well, I will just buy a set of Husky or WT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back