Lets see the cars!!!!

Nice XC60! Nothing like a mirror finish on a black hood.

Huge STX stripes removed...the hood and roof are rougher than the pictures suggest, but I won't complain about 22 year old paint:
cNZ0XNz.jpg

6NItvTm.jpg

Also street tires for now since one of the mud tires took a nail right at the edge.

Last edited:
The Toyota Collection:

IMG_20160819_190659.jpg

Not pictured: Wife's Civic (you're not missing anything)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ShadowSix
The Toyota Collection:

IMG_20160819_190659.jpg

Not pictured: Wife's Civic (you're not missing anything)

Pic only shows in Chrome for me. You may want to upload it to imgur.com and link it from there.

Nice Toyotas. Any more pics of the 4Runner?

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Huge STX stripes removed...the hood and roof are rougher than the pictures suggest, but I won't complain about 22 year old paint:
*snip*
Also street tires for now since one of the mud tires took a nail right at the edge.

That Ranger looks great! Most of those are rotted around here! That would fetch a premium up here.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I cleaned up the 08 Liberty. Ignore the neighbor's wreath, the picture is recent.

Looks nice and shiny for 8 years old...most don't look that good around here...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: ShadowSix
Does this work?

Yep, nice 'Runner! The first and second gen 2 doors are my favorite ones.

Originally Posted By: Delta

That Ranger looks great! Most of those are rotted around here! That would fetch a premium up here.

Thanks! This truck has been in the South most of its life, with just the first four years in West Virginia, so there's no rot. It has seen a lot of mud, which the previous owner never cleaned off, so that has been a challenge to clean up completely, but nothing at all like a salt-rotted truck.

Bet you guys are tired of seeing this thing! Went for broke and repainted both sides. About $400 in materials; it isn't perfect, but 100% better than the missing paint from the graphics. Knocked the gloss down a little bit to match the rest of the truck and added just a simple pin-stripe. Still need to clean it up better.

20160924_142426_zps6rhjlvy3.jpg

20160924_160733_zpsxjfe3k8u.jpg

My daily driver, winter, work, dog park, safe to park at wal-mart, car. 1986 Dodge Lancer turbo. 289k miles? (speedo was replaced from bone-yard), original engine, trans, and turbo. Always run on cheap any brand API certified dino oil, brand name gas. Repaired rust spot on front corner panel with a piece of old VCR metal cover and rivits. Cheap repair.

Bet you guys are tired of seeing this thing! Went for broke and repainted both sides. About $400 in materials; it isn't perfect, but 100% better than the missing paint from the graphics. Knocked the gloss down a little bit to match the rest of the truck and added just a simple pin-stripe. Still need to clean it up better.

It looks pretty good to me.

Originally Posted By: sprite1741
My daily driver, winter, work, dog park, safe to park at wal-mart, car. 1986 Dodge Lancer turbo. 289k miles? (speedo was replaced from bone-yard), original engine, trans, and turbo. Always run on cheap any brand API certified dino oil, brand name gas. Repaired rust spot on front corner panel with a piece of old VCR metal cover and rivits. Cheap repair.

I love it!

Picked it up last weekend. Dad got a Spark but knew anyone would scrap it. Not sure how long it'll last , extreme rust, but hey it was free. Needs a MC and wheel bearing. We really don't need 3 cars but it is fun to drive around. I do have a rust free shell down at the farm.

Me too!

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

Me too!

Thanks guys! It does need a good bit more sanding, I went heavy on the clear because I know painting in the garage there would be dust nibs everywhere. There's a couple runs in the clear, but it's a beater. First time doing this on my own. Decided I need to paint the hood, roof, and tailgate in the spring. Color is very close, but there's a dent or two that are bothering me.

Back