2016 WRX, Been at Dealer 3 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
No, and I do have his contact information so I'll PM you from here on out.

Thank you again.

And, I do want to say that the purpose of this thread was never to bash Darrell Waltrip Subaru or Subaru of America. I just consider this to be my home message forum in regards to a lot of different topics. The reason for that is, most people who post regularly here are level-headed adults who aren't prone to the silliness and dissemination of false and/or anecdotal information, as on a lot of other forums. When you make a claim here, you better have evidence to back it up, or you're called on it.

And, there are a lot of really smart people who post on BITOG. Far smarter than me!

I'm just relaying my experience.

Quote:
And, I do want to say that the purpose of this thread was never to bash Darrell Waltrip Subaru or Subaru of America.

That's what the entire first post was lol. You didn't get good service and you complained, don't apologize for it.

Anyway, when they did get around to diagnosing and replacing the turbo, they noticed a missing stud and a bad gasket. That will create the sound you described under the conditions you described, so hopefully that was the problem and you will be fine.

Unfortunately many places seem unmotivated to thoroughly diagnose problems these days. I would have thought a tech would have suspected a turbo related problem such a gas leak because they can sound as you described. Lazy techs I suppose.

Originally Posted By: ozric
Quote:
And, I do want to say that the purpose of this thread was never to bash Darrell Waltrip Subaru or Subaru of America.

That's what the entire first post was lol. You didn't get good service and you complained, don't apologize for it.

Anyway, when they did get around to diagnosing and replacing the turbo, they noticed a missing stud and a bad gasket. That will create the sound you described under the conditions you described, so hopefully that was the problem and you will be fine.

Unfortunately many places seem unmotivated to thoroughly diagnose problems these days. I would have thought a tech would have suspected a turbo related problem such a gas leak because they can sound as you described. Lazy techs I suppose.

Ah, I guess if you want to look at it that way, you can, but I don't. I consider a "bash" post to be one that references "stealerships", etc, urges others not to go there unless they want to get ripped off, etc. I'm not telling anyone not to go there or anything. I'm relating what happened.

And, as far as the diagnosis, that may well be. The way the noise sounds, I doubt it. We'll see. But it's not "fine". It would have been "fine" if the dealership and SOA had jumped on this and taken care of it in a reasonable amount of time.

Did the car really sit at a dealer 3 months or did it take that long to correct the issue? Subaru will likely provide the best warranty offer they have for customer goodwill.

i seem to remember a similar problem on a 2005 legacy gt i flipped a few years back, it was a air leak in the inter cooler, easy fix by replacing the top gasket.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Originally Posted By: ozric
Quote:

Ah, I guess if you want to look at it that way, you can, but I don't. I consider a "bash" post to be one that references "stealerships", etc, urges others not to go there unless they want to get ripped off, etc. I'm not telling anyone not to go there or anything. I'm relating what happened.

And, as far as the diagnosis, that may well be. The way the noise sounds, I doubt it. We'll see. But it's not "fine". It would have been "fine" if the dealership and SOA had jumped on this and taken care of it in a reasonable amount of time.

I say bash away!! If someone is going be shady and crooked,they NEED to be bashed and ousted.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Did the car really sit at a dealer 3 months or did it take that long to correct the issue? Subaru will likely provide the best warranty offer they have for customer goodwill.

I dropped it off in late June and it's still there. They still haven't definitively nailed down the problem.

Is this the dealer you bought the car from ?
If not, this might be the reason they don't care about the customer's problem.

Any other WRX owners have this problem on a Subaru forum ?

Originally Posted By: madRiver

I dropped it off in late June and it's still there. They still haven't definitively nailed down the problem.

You likely then can qualify for compensation, lemon law or combo. May take an attorney but this is Subaru of America issue.

Your state's Lemon Law may or may not apply to this situation. In some states, it has to be a safety-related item (like no brakes) and the dealer or manufacturer has a certain number of attempts to fix it correctly. In either case, I agree with you that the Lemon Law is a whole lot more attractive as a suggestion on the internet than when you have to find an attorney, take time out of your life to do that, track all the communication, etc.

Air leaks CAN sound a lot like a whine or whistle. It can even sound like engine pinging in some cases. I do find it strange that they didn't notice turbo fasteners missing during their inspection, but maybe that area is pretty buried in the engine bay and not that easy to see.

I do hope you get your car back soon and can enjoy it again!

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

No, I bought the car online out of Little Rock due to getting a much better deal. But that shouldn't matter, theoretically.

No, I bought the car online out of Little Rock due to getting a much better deal. But that shouldn't matter, theoretically.

Believe me, for a lot of dealers, it does matter. I found that out when I took my then new 2014 Mustang GT to my local dealer for a warranty concern. They denied my warranty claim and suggested I take it back to the selling dealer and that maybe they would do something for me.

I took it to another dealership and they denied my claim as well. It took me getting a regional Ford rep involved and almost four months before I was able to get it fixed.

I didn't take it back to my selling dealer because it was about 60 miles away and I had gotten into it with them over repairing my rear bumper that they damaged the day I bought it and the sales manager basically threw me off the lot. I decided I didn't trust them enough to ever bring my car back there.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
so whats up with that hot email?

Great question! I haven't received a response via email, but I was contacted this week by a rep over the phone (same woman I've been talking to).

I'm going to have to take the car back to the dealer because the check engine light came on last weekend, a couple of days after I got it back.

P000A - Bank 1 intake cam position sensor slow to respond. From doing a search, it's apparently a common problem. Solutions range from replacing the sensor to replacing the cam gear, so the dealer won't order a sensor until I bring it in. That means another 50+ mile round trip drive, more time wasted. SOA won't discuss any sort of compensation until I take the car back in.

I did bring up the possibility of extending the factory warranty with the SOA rep, and she did not rule out the possibility.

Wow...what a mess. And an expensive one at that: New cars are not cheap. That dealership sounds like a bunch of knuckleheads short on critical thinking skills.

They could have easily smoked the intake, motor & exhaust and found a leak. This is standard procedure, not rocket science. Blown motors pressurize things, so they need to be tight and leak free.

I guess they're too young to have ever heard a boiling kettle....

When words and actions are divergent, pay attention to the later and check up on a regular basis. If you do pursue this with a lawyer, you're going to need documentation of phone calls, who you talked to, date, time, what was said vs. what was done, etc. Just like you keep up an aircraft logbook.

Theoretically.

You bought the car in AR, then took it to TN. Whose Lemon Law applies, TN or AR?

The Arkansas law is the new motor vehicle quality assurance act, or something like that. The selling dealer was required to give you a pamphlet explaining it.

Originally Posted By: Win

Theoretically.

You bought the car in AR, then took it to TN. Whose Lemon Law applies, TN or AR?

The Arkansas law is the new motor vehicle quality assurance act, or something like that. The selling dealer was required to give you a pamphlet explaining it.

Thats what I was worried about. Saving a little money from another dealership (and state).... who is ultimately obligated to repair car ?

If i was OP, I would get car back and trade it in. Move on to a better car that is not so complex.

It is my personal experience that Subaru is lousy for standing behind their product. I had an issue-they refused to acknowledge it-and I know a few others when Subaru has been uncooperative as well.

They have been breaking sales records every month-for the past five years. They have very little incentive to make a buyer happy.

Sad....but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back