Virgin Napa Pro Select 21522

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to explain here. Just giving back to the BITOG Community. This one was dented so it only cost me $1.27

No combo valve for this Pro Select. Glue is a little messy around the seam and caps.

ILMmw4i.jpg

BltCTU8.jpg

Fy17IXJ.jpg

LOfXtd5.jpg

Are those louvers I spy in the tube? Crazyoildude might have a panic attack if he sees those.
BltCTU8.jpg

Haha, they could be. But LOOK at those burrs! They're going to cut a hole into the media.

Looks good to me, especially considering price and filter tier. This application for GM and others with block bypass, thus no filter bypass required. Like the current Super Tech and O'R MicroGard, some use separate bypass, dome or thread end. Some use combo valve. Prefer the former or like this where no filter bypass required.

Thanks for pics.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
we need a way for home folks to measure the filter media efficiency,
a lot of these reviews are "looks good"

All it takes is a $200,000 ISO 4548 bench tester.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

grin.gif

Every BITOG member can pitch in $100.
smile.gif

Another less expensive option is to send each filter off to Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) for ISO efficiency testing before posting or making any comment about the filter's construction appearance. Last check, it's only ~$1500 a pop per filter, a little less if in multiples 10 filters or more. Step right up and be the first to donate to identify efficiencies of all filters posted here.
grin.gif

grin.gif

After that, you would have a too few filter passes, and too fast a test done in a few hours, trying to represent a whole driving cycle which may take 10K or 20 K miles of real world engine use. No $100 from me as my share. I would just as soon see a blotter test and pick the lightest from the darkest as the best. That show pry open a can again.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes

grin.gif

After that, you would have a too few filter passes, and too fast a test done in a few hours, trying to represent a whole driving cycle which may take 10K or 20 K miles of real world engine use. No $100 from me as my share. I would just as soon see a blotter test and pick the lightest from the darkest as the best. That show pry open a can again.

It's still the test standard used in industry, thereby how filter efficiency is determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back