Virgin Napa Pro Select 27145

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to explain here. Just giving back to the BITOG Community.

This filter uses a combo valve.

b6MiD9H.jpg

2UkoB6M.jpg

mu6gsh4.jpg

yTVhJJA.jpg

My suspicion is that combo valve is leaky, allowing unfiltered oil to seep past. The harley had a napa silver and every time I checked the oil, the magnet attached to the dipstick was littered with iron particles. Now that a napa gold is installed, it takes weeks to accumulated less then half of the particles.

Looks like a solid filter. I will continue to use them since I can get these for under 4$ in Canada. There doesnt seem to be much difference between the napa gold and the proselect besides the ADBV.

Is this the one that is below the Silver? I wonder if it is the same as what they are using in the Supertech filters now?
I am debating using the Supertech in my F150, but I am not crazy about the combo valve (need to see if the filter for the truck uses a combo valve).

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Looks like a solid filter. I will continue to use them since I can get these for under 4$ in Canada. There doesnt seem to be much difference between the napa gold and the proselect besides the ADBV.

The Gold has a better media, but if your doing shorter OCI, then it should not be a problem.

THafeez, you're welcome.

Dyusik, its quite possible for it to leak if the spring isn't holding.

Rolla07, the filter isn't bad if its not mounted upside down. Due to the nature of my application on the forklifts, its mounted upside down and I much prefer filters with a silicone ADBV. If you look at the Wix I cut open the center tube is a bit different as well.

blupupher, Yes, this is the filter below the silver. What filter does it use? PH2/1372 size? If it is, I could buy one and cut it open for you, since I'm pretty curious myself.

It would use a 1372 filter (FL820S is the OEM filter).

No need to buy one, you can just look at the base plate and tell. I am running by walmart tomorrow, I will see if they have any of the Supertech for it and see what it looks like, seems the Supertech and Pro Select may be the same filter.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
It would use a 1372 filter (FL820S is the OEM filter).

No need to buy one, you can just look at the base plate and tell. I am running by walmart tomorrow, I will see if they have any of the Supertech for it and see what it looks like, seems the Supertech and Pro Select may be the same filter.

I've looked at one before, its a combo valve filter.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
I've looked at one before, its a combo valve filter.

Yuck.
37.gif

Thanks though, maybe I will rethink my next filter. I was hopeful for the Supertech, but the combo valve just turns me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back