euro 5w40 good to use in us spec 5w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm pretty much assuming this is totally fine, but i have a 2004 wrx that calls for 5w30.

i don't have any regular 5w30 on my shelf at the moment, but i do have amsoil euro 5w40. i also have amsoil xl 5w30. am i correct in assuming both of these are totally fine to use in my wrx?

Yeah, heavier oil will produce more heat and drag, so worse mpg, but will provide better protection.
Consider that WRX in Europe and some other markets is specd. for 5W40 weight, so just go ahead.

I don't see why not. My Cruze calls for 5w-30. There's no perceptible change running it on 0w-40 in the summer.

Originally Posted By: sickmint79
i'm pretty much assuming this is totally fine, but i have a 2004 wrx that calls for 5w30.

i don't have any regular 5w30 on my shelf at the moment, but i do have amsoil euro 5w40. i also have amsoil xl 5w30. am i correct in assuming both of these are totally fine to use in my wrx?

Which Amsoil 5W-40? What year WRX? Regardless 5W-40 is actually the better choice for the 2.5L engine. I'm running Amsoil 5W-50 in my 2014 WRX, no loss of MPG, power or anything.

A mate in Australia has two WRXs with the boost turned up, and a third at factory spec.

He runs Delvac MX 15W-40 HDEO in all three. He says this is the oil of choice from his Subie mechanic.

Originally Posted By: sickmint79

If you look a the wrx forums, a lot of them do like Shell Rotella T6 5w40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back