Comparision of some injector cleaner ingredients

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gofastman
Originally Posted By: widman
I'm no chemist, but I know that Techron has eliminated pinging in 100's of Suzuki's and took my Grand Cherokee from pinging on 90 octane to not pinging on 80 octane. Worth every penny of it.

where the heak did you get 80 octane?

I was thinking the exact same thing...I think the only 80 octane gas is for planes!

Concerning the fuel pump:
We shouldn't use strong injector cleaners in every tank of gas, so this is not a real issue.
But technically, It seems that lubricity would be compromised - at least in that direction. How much? The gains FAR outweigh the possible wear.

Unfortunately MSDS does leave out propritary ingredients in various products.....I don't see PEA mentioned in the MSDS for Techron Complete Fuel System cleaner or Regane Total Fuel System Cleaner...BUT it IS in there at about 35-40% concentrations .

DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME BUYING ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T CONTAIN AT LEAST 35-40% PEA concentrations...while these other products are cheaper all they do is clean out your wallet, nothing else..

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Digging up an old post... but I was tracking this information down. Seems Redline has changed formula on its SI-1 cleaner, now it's down to 28-34% PEA vs. the 55% previously quoted:
SI-1 SDS

Good info, Thanks!

Any updated info on BG44K to compare it to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back