Free Credit Report. What is a Reputable Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit Karma or Lending Tree

They update monthly for free. You don't need to wait for annual.

You can also go to the Federal Trade Commission site at ftc.gov and click on the credit report link from there. I always do that because I can't remember the address of the correct free report site.

Credit Karma and Sesame are nice but I'm a bit weary of them. Unlike annualcreditreport, they store your personal info thus making them a huge target for hackers. And all the information a hacker needs is on Karma & Sesame. It's unclear if they ever delete your info even after deactivating your account.

If you have a credit card, most of them give free credit reports now too.

Annualcreditreport.com is the official gov't site to get all 3 reports.

Credit Karma is the best tool for people who have "troubled credit" because it lets you very easily dispute your negative marks. It also gives two of your credit reports and two estimated scores.

Originally Posted By: xfactor9
Credit Karma and Sesame are nice but I'm a bit weary of them. Unlike annualcreditreport, they store your personal info thus making them a huge target for hackers. And all the information a hacker needs is on Karma & Sesame. It's unclear if they ever delete your info even after deactivating your account.

Here is how Credit Karma makes money:
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/per...makes-money.asp

Seems like Google - they sell anonymized credit data to the banks for ads that are "tailored to you"....

I'll stick with the goat's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back