Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
After election market will pop due to the news of new person running the show.

Let the Technicals tell you when to buy...not some guy on CNBC.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Looks like that rally failed. I wonder of this market is now focusing on the election?

I would expect it to. The question is, in what way? Big money guys have bet heavely on H. In 08 there was a huge sell off. I would like to see what happened in 00. In any case, whoever wins, half of the country will be happy and half will not.

I'm still sitting on my cash.

coffee2.gif

What happened in the market at around 11:30AM today? I had 2 lowball orders fill on stocks that I wasn't expecting to buy for month or more. I was out all morning and wasn't watching the market.

What did you buy ?

AGNC, TWO, and PSEC just filled while I was typing this. I hope these didn't go too soon. I'm still expecting a dip/correction between Nov. and next Feb.

REITs are affected by interest rates. Love the dividends of REITs.

I have a mix of stocks. REITS, energy, communications, transportation, banking, all with good dividends. My divs for last year were ~5% of my portfolio. It should be better this year, maybe 8%.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Correction Time...

Picked up some LABD (Short Biotech)...SCO (Short Oil)pretty soon.

Warstud, do you have anything new to add?

I keep hearing about a correction sometime this fall. Dunno. I'm sitting on ~40% cash at the moment. Don't want to get caught like I did in 08.

Correction starts today.

33.gif

Looking at the S&P, that was less than a 2.5% drop, right? 3 weeks later, we're within .04% of the price. What "correction"?

Its time IN the market, not TIMING the market.

You didn't learn from your past mistake (sitting on cash in '08) and now you're doing it again.

If you are too conservative to bear the thought of a 40% market crash, then your portfolio is too aggressive. Find a mix of stocks and bonds that allows you to sleep at night, and go all in (5% cash is okay for some people, if that helps). Your money is loosing to inflation when it just sits there.

Nobody knows nuthin.
Low cost index funds. Get rich slowly.

Get rich slowly, whats the definition of rich ?

Financially independent. You could stop working and continue to live your same [spending] lifestyle and sustain that for life.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Get rich slowly, whats the definition of rich ?

Financially independent. You could stop working and continue to live your same [spending] lifestyle and sustain that for life.

That's actually called retirement.

It looks like Fridays rally failed. The SPX had a high 2149 and a close of 2133. So it looks like there selling into rally's. The trend is down.

It looks like Fridays rally failed. The SPX had a high 2149 and a close of 2133. So it looks like there selling into rally's. The trend is down.

confused2.gif
In the micro time frame...

Every indicator is solidly UP. Bolton Tremblay, cumulative volume index, advance decline line etc.

More pullback possible, of course. Crashing/downtrend? I don't see it, intermediate to long term.

It's still a BTFD market.

After election market will pop due to the news of new person running the show.

Let the Technicals tell you when to buy...not some guy on CNBC.

Wall Street hoping ********* wins.

Bought some VZ today. Low ball order filled on the open. Cut another (lower) low ball order.

I owned VZ a year or so ago. Sold it for +$9. Should have kept it.
confused2.gif

Patience grasshopper.
coffee2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back