How many miles on your GM ecotec3 5.3L

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many miles you all have on your 2014-2016 ecotec3 5.3L engines in the silverados sierras yukons suburbans tahoes ect....

18K on my 2015 no issues, I'm sure some of you have hit 100K by now! Lets hear it

enjoy, bittoging from Texas currently!

gm-5-3l-v8-ecotec3-l83-engine-1.jpg

Just hit 36k on mine. I love it! No issues, but the only thing thing I have noticed is that when it's very hot outside, I've been driving a long time, A/C is on and then I stop at a stop light or such (idle) it will almost always "stumble" and not idle smoothly. You can feel it and you can also see the RPM's fluctuate. The minute I hit the gas though away I go. Obviously based on what it takes to get that to happen I haven't bothered worrying about it. I do wish I knew what it was though.

I have a previous Gen 2014 Tahoe. Drove '17 Silverado, Yukon, and noticed the same rough idle. When you come to stop,after about 10 seconds, it is not smooth at all. Tought they would fix it in new gen, but no...

My '97 Dodge Ram does this kinda. I think it is the computer that leans out the fuel mixture until a misfire is detected then will richen just a little.

I put about 6-10k miles on one before I get another. (GM plant company vehicles). Never noticed any idle issues yet. Since we build all the large SUV's I am usually driving a Tahoe, Yukon and the occasional Escalade. I'm in a Suburban Z71 right now with 3400 miles. Enjoy these 5.3 engines but my heart is in love with 6.2!!

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I put about 6-10k miles on one before I get another. (GM plant company vehicles). Never noticed any idle issues yet. Since we build all the large SUV's I am usually driving a Tahoe, Yukon and the occasional Escalade. I'm in a Suburban Z71 right now with 3400 miles. Enjoy these 5.3 engines but my heart is in love with 6.2!!

GN goes begging for a bail out.. As bailers we should have terminated this lousy perks to GM employees. - clean car, gas, insurance, maintainence.

Expensive perks for lousy employees.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

GN goes begging for a bail out.. As bailers we should have terminated this lousy perks to GM employees. - clean car, gas, insurance, maintainence.

Expensive perks for lousy employees.

It's part of our quality program and allows us to evaluate vehicles just like a customer does and ALL manufacturers do it.

I'll just ignore the other comments.

Last edited:
What evaluation is needed for vehicles - they have been there the last 115 years. Everything has been incremental, there is no TRUE innovation whatsoever.

Even the great iPhone introduced in 2005 was not an innovation by any yard stick - it was the creative side of a human being that combined that was already existing to come up with a product people could relate to. If ever there needed a evaluation of vehicles should be like self driving cars, Volt, Tesla etc which are innovations.

GM needn't evaluate any darn thing if it keeps it product portfolio simple and tame is engineering managers. Why have a Sierra, Avalanche, Silverado, Escalade (luxury version of a truck, only moronnns need a luxury version of a truck), same with SUVs, there is no end of the same cheap brain numbing product portfolio. The first good thing they did (well coming out of a bailout with conditions) is to reduce their useless branding, they need to do the same for their product, slim it down.

My 2c.

All done bashing mindlessly? Some of GM's newer offerings are world class and perform well for MILLIONS of buyers who don't complain on the net. Honestly, we cannot buy another vehicle that will perform as well for our use. Politics are off limits, and you're way off about the bailout. Not even close.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
What evaluation is needed for vehicles - they have been there the last 115 years. Everything has been incremental, there is no TRUE innovation whatsoever.

Even the great iPhone introduced in 2005 was not an innovation by any yard stick - it was the creative side of a human being that combined that was already existing to come up with a product people could relate to. If ever there needed a evaluation of vehicles should be like self driving cars, Volt, Tesla etc which are innovations.

GM needn't evaluate any darn thing if it keeps it product portfolio simple and tame is engineering managers. Why have a Sierra, Avalanche, Silverado, Escalade (luxury version of a truck, only moronnns need a luxury version of a truck), same with SUVs, there is no end of the same cheap brain numbing product portfolio. The first good thing they did (well coming out of a bailout with conditions) is to reduce their useless branding, they need to do the same for their product, slim it down.

My 2c.

Sour grapes.

Original iPhone was released in 2007, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back