1.6 ecoboost oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a step closer to buying the new Suzuki Baleno today. It has a 1.0 L DI Turbo engine. I'm super-skeptical about LSPI but if I do get one, I might just ask one of my old colleagues to knock up an all Magnesium, high Moly, High ZDDP, PAO/Group III, OCP 0W20 just go be on the safe side.

Originally Posted By: SonofJoe
Took a step closer to buying the new Suzuki Baleno today. It has a 1.0 L DI Turbo engine. I'm super-skeptical about LSPI but if I do get one, I might just ask one of my old colleagues to knock up an all Magnesium, high Moly, High ZDDP, PAO/Group III, OCP 0W20 just go be on the safe side.

I hear ya. If the oil coveted is high Ca, just make sure it has a nice dose of Moly:

https://www.oronite.com/products/lspi.asp
Quote:
Although reducing calcium may seem like a solution to control LSPI, there may be other performance tradeoffs to consider. In addition there are other additives that can also help reduce LSPI events. This provides an opportunity to formulate for robust LSPI performance, while maintaining the level of detergency needed to help keep engines clean and neutralize acids generated during combustion.
Aside from the detergent system, there are many other additive and lubricant compositions that can influence LSPI. Molybdenum compounds, for example, not only provide frictional benefits, but also have been shown to decrease LSPI when used at high levels.

Make a 0W40 for me and I'll buy a drum of such an oil
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Popsy

Make a 0W40 for me and I'll buy a drum of such an oil
wink.gif

Sometimes when I'm lying in the bath, I dream of setting up my own little lab. Nothing fancy; just a few bits of kit so I can measure KV, CCS, HTHS, Noack, metals and such. I could buy a few basic chemicals and make my own ZDDP, detergents and dispersants and then have a couple buckets to make up fully formulated oils to give away to interested parties. It's pure fantasy but everyone should have a dream!

Well it's done, OP just posted this in the oil change thread, and good on you for using the oil your Aunt purchased for the job and not over thinking it (it was name brand, Ford spec oil ).
Quote:
2013 Escape 1.6 Ecoboost
PYB 5W20 Napa Gold 1348
Drain plug torqued to 21 ft lbs
5k oci 30k miles

SonofJoe, nice BITOG dreams, if I won millions in lotto, my mundane dreams would involve sandy beaches, palm trees, clear blue water, sunny skies, and a rum cocktail brought to me on a silver tray.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Well it's done, OP just posted this in the oil change thread, and good on you for using the oil your Aunt purchased for the job and not over thinking it (it was name brand, Ford spec oil ).

2013 Escape 1.6 Ecoboost
PYB 5W20 Napa Gold 1348
Drain plug torqued to 21 ft lbs
5k oci 30k miles

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back