List an oil Additive you'd use / No Comments

Quality motor oil...
smile.gif

But in a dirty, sludged engine on a beater: Rislone Engine Treatment...

Possibly a Liqui-moly product, but not likely.

I may use STP as a thickener if I change oil in an older car and it starts burning...

Bit of British culture for you.

While waiting for a train in a WH Smith's newsagent I found a "humour" book in a bargain bin. Titled something like "The Arthur Daley Book of Scams"

Arthur Daley was a British TV dodgy businessman character, with connections to the motor trade.

Flicked through it. The scams I looked at were plausible and some of them I'd seen in action in real life. Wish I'd bought the book.

In Arthurs bio, he was credited with inventing the nylon-shirt-in-the-gearbox trick. If I have another car with a failing gearbox (I once had a Marina gearbox which was mostly filings but continued to shift smoothly) I'll probably try it.

What about substituting a quart of regular oil with racing oil? For instance, if one were to use 4 or 5 qts of M1 0W30 with one quart of M1 0W30 racing oil, could this properly boost additives? Its about double the cost of a regular oil, so cheaper than many additives.

M1 0W30 VOA:

Blackstone-E41615.jpg

I'm surprised not many use LC20 given its popularity on this forum a number of years back. I've just ordered myself some for a piston soak, but other than that I don't add anything.

Graphited motor oil, cleaned my engine.
Look the dirt that came from between 2 pleats of paper, in a ocod.

That's smelly oxidated oil, plus sludge...

Last edited:
Strewth, I only just noticed the high Zinc, so if your engine does not have a CAT or DPF, this Mob 0w30 could indeed be used to boost the Moly and Zinc in some El-Cheapo dinosaur oil.

LM Motor Oil Saver
MMO (final few hundred miles before oil change for cleaning)
Risalone

I used some solid waxy like molybdenum once. It came from the leftovers in a barrel of MolyKote. There was always some that settled out at the bottom of the barrel.

Back