Replace water pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I checked my coolant level last night and I have a leak coming from the recessed hex plug just below the cap. I didn't see any noticeable consumption, but my steering box was damp from coolant. A quick google showed me that other jeep owners have had issues with this plug leaking and that they just put sealer/ tape on the threads.

If that doesn't hold, I'll replace it... again. And I'll replace the WP so lubener can sleep.
laugh.gif

After changing 100's of radiator in 4.0l Jeeps over the years. It came painfully obvious to my co-worker and myself. That if a 4.0 Jeep came in with a leaking radiator. The water pump was not far behind or already leaking. Funny thing is no other manufacturer ever did this.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Well I checked my coolant level last night and I have a leak coming from the recessed hex plug just below the cap. I didn't see any noticeable consumption, but my steering box was damp from coolant. A quick google showed me that other jeep owners have had issues with this plug leaking and that they just put sealer/ tape on the threads.

If that doesn't hold, I'll replace it... again. And I'll replace the WP so lubener can sleep.
laugh.gif

I can assure you that your actions will have no effect on my sleeping habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back