Visual FoxPro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends. Help me to stop "File does not exist" error. I get it when i open my dbf file in FoxPro.
Please suggest me something for me dbase fix.

Thanks an advance,
Jack Chase

1- You have not used Google Search
2- You have a SET PATH statement in use, you are trying to open a file which is not found on that path.
3- You are trying to open a file that really does not exist at all
4- The directory has insufficient rights.
5- You have spaces in the path/file name and haven't surrounded them with quotes: USE "C:\Program Files\MyApp\MyData\MyTable"
6- You have set the folder attribute to hidden.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
1- You have not used Google Search
2- You have a SET PATH statement in use, you are trying to open a file which is not found on that path.
3- You are trying to open a file that really does not exist at all
4- The directory has insufficient rights.
5- You have spaces in the path/file name and haven't surrounded them with quotes: USE "C:\Program Files\MyApp\MyData\MyTable"
6- You have set the folder attribute to hidden.

all the things that Jack said
also do you know what dbf you have? how old?
what visual foxpro version you have?

p.s. i have not used foxpro/dbase in 10 years

is this:
- a printing shop legacy program
- legacy accounting program
- legacy program
?

P.S. to make this clear as mud, if my memory serves me well, i think there where a couple of old database programs using the .dbf file extension but they where not dbase/foxpro/visual foxpro files....

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share how to go about fixing this.

Blueskies123 Yes i am still using Foxpro
smile.gif

pandus13 i have visual foxpro 9. My dbf file is 2 years old

Hi,higgins

In the past, I have encountered a similar problem and use a third-party dbf repair tool which helps to recover all the data in my archive. So I recommend you to try a third-party dbf repair tool,too

Good luck!

Foxpro is still used by several of the public safety vendors for their in car program that runs license plates (police cars), and does in car chat, dispatch, etc.

I had to laugh when I learned the backend was foxpro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back