LMM Duramax. 33,686mi on oil 171,807mi on engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20160913_171202_zpsjnebjgk9.jpg

I noticed iron jumpped at a rate higher than previous. I did vet tbn and tan this go around. What do you guys think. Its time for a filter again and I am thinking of using an amsoil filter but if its likely I will get less than 15k out of this oil I will just use another wix or whatever.

I'm not sure the iron is "jumping" anything

iron per 10000miles by oci

and of course the first one was "winter" use.
I wouldn't change a thing.

Also could you please either upload the pic to bitog's server or add the PPM in CODE
so that it will still be here in years..
Images on 3rd party hosts have a tendency to go away after a few years.

Originally Posted By: Rand

Also could you please either upload the pic to bitog's server or add the PPM in CODE
so that it will still be here in years..
Images on 3rd party hosts have a tendency to go away after a few years.

Those numbers look AMAZING if you're not using a bypass filter system, I think you are adding just enough makeup oil to keep the TBN up, Si & soot actually DROPPING! Might be something to Schaeffer's full syn 9000 after all-or maybe it's just a Duramax.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Those numbers look AMAZING if you're not using a bypass filter system, I think you are adding just enough makeup oil to keep the TBN up, Si & soot actually DROPPING! Might be something to Schaeffer's full syn 9000 after all-or maybe it's just a Duramax.

I looked hard at bypass systems but I don't think I can justify their price as it will just cost me more money instead of saving.
I am looking at getting a amsoil full flow filter as they are supposed to last 25k miles and I have been changing mine around 15k which I need to change the filter.

I was worried that I had been adding topoff oil too close to the sample so I waited till after the sample to add any and the last I had added was at 166k.

Look at the Donaldson DBL filters for your truck, 98.7% @ 15 micron. I run them on my Cummins.

Amsoil typically re-brands this as there 25,000 mile filter and then doubles the price.

Originally Posted By: Bighorn2500
Look at the Donaldson DBL filters for your truck, 98.7% @ 15 micron. I run them on my Cummins.

Amsoil typically re-brands this as there 25,000 mile filter and then doubles the price.

Thanks for that info! Ill see if any of the parts houses in town carry them.

Originally Posted By: NStuart
Any update I'm running Schaeffer 9000 with the Donaldson blue filters and Amsoil bypass

Yea i started a new thread as continuing old ones with new samples don't seem to bring many commenters in. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4396256/Schaeffer's_9000_lmm_Duramax_4#Post4396256

Id like to see what the results are with your bypass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back