S&W M&P .22's Banned At Appleseed Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/...ekly+Newsletter

These incidents have included:

1) Firing out of battery - including one case where there was a significant injury requiring medical treatment.

2) Firing on reset of trigger

3) Firing with safety engaged

4) "Runaway" full auto fire with trigger released

At least two of these incidents have involved rifles owned by Appleseed instructors, and the others happened under instructor supervision and were confirmed by the instructors - so it is hard to blame the operators. Given that the M&P 15-22 uses a standard AR trigger group, one would think these malfunctions would be unlikely - however, Appleseed instructors have noted that the pins were loose in at least some of the cases. Perhaps the polymer receiver is not holding up under prolonged use?

wow
frown.gif

I'm sure this is happening elsewhere, and not just at Appleseed Matches. There are a lot of these things out there. And many of them are receiving heavy usage. Also, if someone was injured as a result, there are bound to be lawsuits.

Be interesting to know if the rifles were stock. 10/22s seem to be able to function properly with ridiculously loose pins, but they can't move sideways enough to leave the hole.

Shot an Appleseed a couple of years ago near Flagstaff with a friend, I qualified Rifleman with a 15-22. The first thing they did was disarm us of our carry weapons which seemed pretty ironic.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Be interesting to know if the rifles were stock. 10/22s seem to be able to function properly with ridiculously loose pins, but they can't move sideways enough to leave the hole.

disarm us of our carry weapons which seemed pretty ironic.

The Crossroads mall where one of the anchor tenants is Scheels Sporting Goods was where 10 people where knifed last weekend is a firearm free zone. A local competitive shooter and police trainer put an end to that.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Sadly, junk happens.

I agree. I'm sorry, but I've never understood that guns popularity. To me it was, and continues to be, a cheap, overpriced, plastic POS. Now it appears that analysis is looking more truthful.

"having problems with their fire control groups"

I wonder if all the DIY user modifications have something to do with these problems
31.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back