BG Maintenance Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted By: Phishin
Just dropped the car off at the Honda Dealer:

They are going to flush the cooling system with BG's cleaner, rinse, and then install Genuine Honda Long Life Blue Coolant
They are going to do a complete ATF transfusion using BG's machine. They will use BG's ATF as a replacement fluid.

I also had them replace the factory in-line transmission filter. I'll be doing posting pics later of this original filter with 96k miles on it.

31.gif

Honda specifically says NOT to machine flush any of their automatic transmissions

It's not a "machine" flush. It's like a transfusion. There is no "flushing", and does NOT use "pressure".

It's a simple machine that collects the old ATF and adds fresh ATF at the same time. It simply uses fresh fluid to push out all the old. It's completely safe.

Last edited:
I don't know much about BG ATF, but personally I'd prefer exchanging old Honda ATF for fresh Honda ATF. Also, brake fluid should be replaced every 3 years on Hondas, although I think it could go a little longer with no problems.

Originally Posted By: dlayman
I don't know much about BG ATF, but personally I'd prefer exchanging old Honda ATF for fresh Honda ATF. Also, brake fluid should be replaced every 3 years on Hondas, although I think it could go a little longer with no problems.

When I was still working as a tech we would add the BG to the trans fluid and drive the car. Then flush with the machine using the proper factory fluid.

Originally Posted By: AdRock
Originally Posted By: dlayman

When I was still working as a tech we would add the BG to the trans fluid and drive the car. Then flush with the machine using the proper factory fluid.

That sounds better. What exactly is the BG supposed to do in this short time in the transmission while you dorve the car? I think it either wouldn't do much or anything or if it did, it must be a pretty strong chemical. Dealers must make a decent buck from BG. When I had a Subaru the dealer insisted on adding BG with every oil change, and practically threw a fit when I told him I didn't want additives in the oil (as specified by Subaru).

We had a BG transmission fluid exchange done a few years ago. Pricey but they did a nice job.

Fluid is still dark red, it was black on the original fluid. No shifting problems at all.

May or may not have gotten the same result doing a few drain and fills, but I was living in an apartment at the time without any tools, so I paid a shop to change the fluid.

They are going to flush the cooling system with BG's cleaner

The only thing they're flushing is your wallet.

Originally Posted By: maximus

They are going to flush the cooling system with BG's cleaner

The only thing they're flushing is your wallet.

I'm perplexed by all the hate here.....oh well.

For $140 I got nearly a 100% fluid exchange. It would take maybe 5 D/F's to get close to that. That's like 18-20 quarts of ATF....which is close to $100 when you buy Honda fluid. So for $40 extra bucks, I didn't have to do it, I didn't have to dispose of old fluid, and I got it all changed out immediately.

During the next 100k miles, I'll slowly vacuum out 2 quarts of the synthetic BG ATF and replace with Honda ATF, plus LubeGard Red.

I think I got my "value" out of my $40 I "blew".... LOL!!

Last edited:
$140 seems reasonable for an ATF fluid exchange, but the special BG radiator cleaner is laughable.

Originally Posted By: maximus
$140 seems reasonable for an ATF fluid exchange, but the special BG radiator cleaner is laughable.

Why do you say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back