Metzler ME888 marathon ultra.....fresh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the new rear tire to match the ME888 front tire on my Harley EG from motorcycle super store today. The date code on the new tire is 4815 which puts it being built the 48th week of 2015. The date code on the dunlop tires I just recently bought from the same seller for the Superglide is 1916 which puts them being built near the end of May of 2016. I'm thinking the ME888 will be OK being only about 10 months old. How old is too old for a new motorcycle tire?

That could be a loaded question. Warehouse storage conditions have some bearing. I wouldn't worry about a tire under a year old. Your probably not going over 100 on a Harley. Your buying a quality tire and not some Chinese POS. IMO
Enjoy the ride

While the ME888 is a good tire, Metzeler (and its parent, Pirelli) are owned by ChemChina...China National Chemical Corporation.

No problem with a tire that age. 6 years in the North Carolina sun is a reasonable life for that tire, and you'll probably wear it out before then. As bio said, inside the tire warehouse, out of the sun, surrounded by the gasses given off by all the tires, your tire aged very slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back